Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cooking Uuni without door?

Options
I have recently funded the Uuni Pro and am looking to receive it next month based on the latest updates. I know that it comes with an open slit door so you don't have to keep taking off and on the actual glass door like current Uuni 2/2S/3 owners do. However, I just recently saw a posting of Big Green Craig on the Uuni community home page that someone reposted, where he has a time lapse video of him cooking a pizza within 2min with no door on at all with a Uuni 3 cooker. Has anyone else tried that? Looks like a way less cumbersome way of cooking and being able to really be precise with the char and leoparding of the crust, etc. Let me know your thoughts. I didn't think it was possible since it is too much backdraft. 

Comments

• Big_Green_Craig
    Options
    The door needs to be on. I only removed it for the video. The cooker lost a lot of the heat and the draw of the fire with the door opened. Fun little pizza oven though! I'm anxious to see the Pro unit in action. 
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    Hey guys, i have the 2s and the 3...impatient and too stingy to wIt for or fund the pro....do either of you know how to get updates on the forthcoming propane burner?   Uuni has atrocious communication but @tjsp, i was hoping since youre a project backer that you may have additional insight?

And @Big_Green_Craig, u da man when it comes to cooking on uuni, i actually learned how to use mine from you maybe you know a thing or two about gas burner progress from uuni.

Anything you can share is a heckuva lot more than i have right now....

• Big_Green_Craig
    Options
    Hey guys, i have the 2s and the 3...impatient and too stingy to wIt for or fund the pro....do either of you know how to get updates on the forthcoming propane burner?   Uuni has atrocious communication but @tjsp, i was hoping since youre a project backer that you may have additional insight?

And @Big_Green_Craig, u da man when it comes to cooking on uuni, i actually learned how to use mine from you maybe you know a thing or two about gas burner progress from uuni.

Anything you can share is a heckuva lot more than i have right now....

I wish I could add some insight, but I only know of the PRO that is coming out. Looks like it is multi fuel capable. Should be interesting. Cool little pizza oven. 
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    I agree, its pretty cool.   May end up with one anyway, a pro that is.   But, uuni company communication needs to go beyond facebook and youtube.  They provide nothing specific on updates of gas burner availability beyond saying its forthcoming.   Had i known uuni communication was going to be this poor i would have gone the roccbox route
  • tjsp
    tjsp Posts: 48
    Options
    with having the the option with real wood and gas add on, I would believe in theory, the Uuni Pro could work without door on since it would basically be the same as the other larger wood fire pizza ovens that are of stainless steel? They don't use doors unless they are looking to bake and such.