Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Grate brush

Options
Best one you've found on the internet to use.
Bristle free only.

Comments

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Aluminum foil balled up.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    Wooden one whether you pay thru the nose for one or one you make yourself! 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • DMW
    Options
    RRP said:
    Wooden one whether you pay thru the nose for one or one you make yourself! 

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • clifkincaid
    Options
    I've been using the foil recently but I noticed it tears off on the chunky grate...scenario..smoke a brisket..get done, close up, and then say a rack of ribs next weekend. No high heat burn off...the stuff on the grate doesn't come off easily with foil ball. And leaves shreds behind. I like the wooden scraping tool. Does it get dull and need re sharpened? 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    DMW said:
    Aluminum foil balled up.
    all you need.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • DMW
    Options
    I've been using the foil recently but I noticed it tears off on the chunky grate...scenario..smoke a brisket..get done, close up, and then say a rack of ribs next weekend. No high heat burn off...the stuff on the grate doesn't come off easily with foil ball. And leaves shreds behind. I like the wooden scraping tool. Does it get dull and need re sharpened? 
    Take the foil to the grate when the brisket comes off, don't let the crud bake on during cool down.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• clifkincaid
    Options
    DMW said:
    Take the foil to the grate when the brisket comes off, don't let the crud bake on during cool down.
    Soooo...stop being a lazy ass and clean it after each cook...ok...will do this. You'd think some of these simple things would be common sense. I guess wiring a house should be also :o
  • GoooDawgs
    GoooDawgs Posts: 1,060
    Options
    Your wife doesn't clean your egg for you??
    Milton, GA 
    XL BGE & FB300
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    I like the wooden scraping tool. Does it get dull and need re sharpened?
    Well...if you buy one then, yes, you will need to re-sharpen it, or decide to piss away another $25 for another...OR you could EASILY make your own with a piece of scrap wood. Honest...even with a simple wood saw you can make your own and be damn proud of it! 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • clifkincaid
    Options
    GoooDawgs said:
    Your wife doesn't clean your egg for you??
    Wait ,what? Do I need to go back to the playing field? 
  • clifkincaid
    Options
    RRP said:
    Well...if you buy one then, yes, you will need to re-sharpen it, or decide to piss away another $25 for another...OR you could EASILY make your own with a piece of scrap wood. Honest...even with a simple wood saw you can make your own and be damn proud of it! 
    Link to making one? I need angles man...angles haha
  • dmourati
    dmourati Posts: 1,268
    Options

Billybar
    Mountain View, CA
  • Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    edited September 2017
    Options
    ^There's an interesting idea for anything that gets caked on.
    Foil ball is all I use.
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• chzplz
    Options
    When it gets dull you cut it down through the next set of holes - like you see in the pic. 
    500 Posts: 3,177
    Options
    I use a metal bristle one which is not what you want but if you get a good one it will last. And use it right after you take the food off. Every few weeks flip it over and do the other side. 
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009