Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Shrimp Fried Rice

Options
A family favorite, shrimp fried rice on the menu tonight, with sautéed vegetables (onion, broccoli, mushrooms, squash, zucchini). The Blackstone was made for this! Sorry bowled pic is blurry. Too hungry. 

XL BGE, CGS AR & spider, 36" SS Blackstone, SMOBOT - Flower Mound, TX

Comments

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Blackstones sweet spot. Looks great. 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • dsrguns
    dsrguns Posts: 421
    Options
     I would tear that up. I've been trying to convince my wife that we need a blackstone. This type of cook is a big reason why. Well done.

XL BGE
    MD
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Hard to beat a good fry lice! Very nice.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • jdkeithbge
    Options
    Thanks guys.  @dsrguns I dunno if your wife likes making pancakes, but that is what sold my wife on ours.  We have 4 kids so making 3 pancakes at a time in a pan inside was a losing battle.  She loves being able to knock out 8 or 10 at a time and be done in a matter of minutes.  She'll cook a batch on Sunday and then the kids have pancakes to eat for breakfast for the week.  
  • jdkeithbge
    Options
    Correction: she can't usually cook 10 at a time cause I start taking over a section for bacon.  Bacon is important.
  • dsrguns
    dsrguns Posts: 421
    Options
    Thanks guys.  @dsrguns I dunno if your wife likes making pancakes, but that is what sold my wife on ours.  We have 4 kids so making 3 pancakes at a time in a pan inside was a losing battle.  She loves being able to knock out 8 or 10 at a time and be done in a matter of minutes.  She'll cook a batch on Sunday and then the kids have pancakes to eat for breakfast for the week.  
    Good point. My kids love pancakes as does my wife. More ammo for my pursuit of the blackstone. Thanks.

XL BGE
    MD
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Correction: she can't usually cook 10 at a time cause I start taking over a section for bacon.  Bacon is important.
    Bacon first then kept warm. Then 12 at a time. Just sayin' ;)
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,727
    Options
    Very nice!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    One of my favorites... nice rice
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Looks fantastic :clap:

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out.