Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

36" Blackstone Griddle built-in to BGE table

Options
I have recently purchased a 36" Blackstone griddle, wife will not be thrilled (YOLO). I have built a table for my BGE. I was wondering if anyone has one incorporated into their BGE table/outdoor kitchen. Trying to come up with inspiration to make it look like it is part of the table. 

Comments

• johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options

No insights on the blackstone, specifically, but @meatchurch has a built in griddle pic posted on instagram.  I'd bet a table mod wouldn't be so hard. 

That being said, the Blackstone isn't made of super premium materials.  I'd be wary of leaving it in the elements unless covered.  Good luck.  Post pics if you do it.

XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • BGEFest
    Options
    Thanks for the input. I was going to build a wood box type support with storage under the griddle. My plan is to have the top of the box made out of 1x6 lumber then put a sheet of stainless steel over that to help with the heat from the burners. Will post pictures when I come up with a game plan. 
  • Kent8621
    Options
    i looked into this but to do both eggs and a 36" would make the table to big plus the wife wasn't sold on the griddle, I bought a 17" to put out when needed.  when I was looking into it, I saw some tables with a solid surface top, concrete or tile for heat and instead of surrounding it, it was more of a step down to a platform to make the blackstone level with where you want it. 

2 Large Eggs - Raleigh, NC

Boiler Up!!