Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hurricane prep butts...

Options

Morning All:

just put two on, total weight just over 19# out of the package...trimmed maybe a pound of fat off...the one on the left has Dizzy Pig Cow Lick & the other has DP Mole'...starting at about 200 & will let temp rise slowly to finish around 6pm...otherwise ready to take on Irma...loose items put away & generator ready if needed, plus have 60+ pounds of lump ready!

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

Comments

• SSQUAL612
    SSQUAL612 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    What about the other food group that's all too often overlooked in storm prep...Beer?  
    Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Jay, I thought you guys had a mandatory evac. Or is that just for the folks on the water. Regardless, stay safe and best of luck to all!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,504
    Options
    Morning SSQUAL612:

I'm probably one of the few ex-bubbleheads that doesn't drink beer...but I do enjoy my Egged food!

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,504
    Options
    Morning Michael:

The evacuation orders are for areas that are prone to flooding even in a heavy thunderstorm...I'm not located in one of those areas...I'm just east of Tampa & we are expecting maybe 60 to 70 MPH winds late Sunday night to early Monday morning with rain & we should be able to tolerate that.

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    We had pulled pork too for a hurricane Harvey lunch. Good stuff!

And be safe. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.