Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Quesadillas on the Blackstone with Hattie B's Leftovers

Options
jones2289
jones2289 Posts: 56
edited September 2017 in Appetizers
We took a quick Labor Day weekend trip to Nashville, and brought back some leftovers from Hattie B's Hot Chicken.  We only brought back two chicken strips and a side of mac and cheese, so it wasn't really enough for a standalone meal.  Had a few small sweet peppers in the fridge, a few strips of Kiolbassa peppered bacon, and some quesadilla cheese.

I threw a couple pre-patties burgers (thankfully the last of them) on the Blackstone, along with the bacon and diced peppers.  While the bacon and peppers were cooking, I spread the leftover mac and cheese on a few tortillas, added a sprinkling of quesadilla cheese, and threw the chicken strips (now diced) on the Blackstone to heat up.  Once the bacon was cooked, I tore up a piece for each quesadilla, and threw it on top of the cheese mixture along with the chicken and peppers.

Threw these things on the Blackstone, folded in half, and cooked, flipping once, while the burgers were cooking.  

While this isn't a meal I would typically make, as we try to stick to healthier alternatives, it was pretty darn good, judging it came from a styrofoam "doggie bag".

Indianapolis, IN

Comments