Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Restaurant Depot Trip

Options

Have a 3 day fair coming up this weekend where we will be slinging BBQ:

Pulled Pork Sammies, Pepper Stout Beef Sammies, Brisket, and Baby Backs. Sides will be doctored beans and Cole Slaw. 

Hit up Restaurant Depot this morning to start buying, came home with:

- 280# of Pork Butts
- 200# of Angus Brisket
- 65# of Chuck Roll (Neck Off)
- 36 racks of Baby Backs

The fair averages 15 - 20K visitors over the three days depending on the weather. So far the weather outlook is looking pretty good so we are hoping for a big turnout.

MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
Southeastern CT. 

Comments

• feef706
    feef706 Posts: 853
    Options
    That's a nice stash of meat, good luck with the fair, hopefully you get the turnout you are expecting.

What kinda rig are you cooking on?
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    What fair?

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Larrycg
    Options
    NICE RIG!!.. always wanted to build myself something similar, but life keeps getting in the way. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,337
    Options
    Hope the weather holds and the crowds exceed your expectations.  That is a shopping list that I would have to spend some time grappling with the total volume.  Reads like your catering business is going deep and "all ahead flank".  
    Here's to a great event and many more.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    What fair?
    Ledyard
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • CTMike
    Options

Larrycg said:
    NICE RIG!!.. always wanted to build myself something similar, but life keeps getting in the way. 

Thanks. I didn't build this, the fine folks at Shirley Fabrication did. 

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • CTMike
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Hope the weather holds and the crowds exceed your expectations.  That is a shopping list that I would have to spend some time grappling with the total volume.  Reads like your catering business is going deep and "all ahead flank".  
    Here's to a great event and many more.  
    Thanks Lou. 

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    CTMike said:
    What fair?
    Ledyard
    Hmm, ya never know. It's only an hour or so. Since you're doing that one, I assume the Four Town Fair in Somers the following weekend is out? :) That one's only 8 miles away. 

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• CTMike
    Options
    The following weekend we will be doing the following:

- Thursday at Stony Creek Brewery
    - Friday at the Subase
    - Saturday there's a food truck rally at the USS Nautilus Museum
    - Sunday back at Stony Creek Brewery

We have a very busy two weekends coming up. 

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    Options
    Best of luck. So is your cook for a charity or a straight up retail?
  • CTMike
    Options
    GrillSgt said:
    Best of luck. So is your cook for a charity or a straight up retail?
    Public vending at a local fair. 

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    I'd get in your line for sure!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • CtTOPGUN
    Options
    What town is Stony Creek Brewery? I am in Norwalk. If time permits I would love to see your rig. And have a taste of some CT BBQ! Fall is tough as I work full time and then coach HS Girls Volleyball. But I may get a Sunday free.
    LBGE/Weber Kettle/Blackstone 36" Griddle/Turkey Fryer/Induction Burner/Royal Gourmet 24" Griddle/Cuisinart Twin Oaks/Pit Boss Tabletop pellet smoker/Instant Pot

BBQ from the State of Connecticut!

Jim
  • CTMike
    Options
    CtTOPGUN said:
    What town is Stony Creek Brewery? I am in Norwalk. If time permits I would love to see your rig. And have a taste of some CT BBQ! Fall is tough as I work full time and then coach HS Girls Volleyball. But I may get a Sunday free.
    Stony Creek is in Branford.  www.stonycreekbeer.com. 

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,834
    Options
    I'd definitely stand in line for those finished products.  Great rig and ingredients.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Thatgrimguy
    Options
    I want a walk-in so bad!!!! Nice Shirley! 
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • CTMike
    Options
    I want a walk-in so bad!!!! Nice Shirley! 
    Unfortunately that is not my walk-in, it is at the local VFW where I rent time in the kitchen. Talked to town zoning about putting a commercial kitchen in my garage, got tuned down. Not exactly convenient having to store and prep at the VFW but it is what I have to do for public vending. 

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    I hope you make some good money at these events!
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    No reason you couldn't put a walk-in in your back yard.  The kitchen is another issue.
    Options
    No reason you couldn't put a walk-in in your back yard.  The kitchen is another issue.
    A walk-in at my house wouldn't help without a kitchen certified by the health department. Local rules don't allow storage or prep of food for public sale in a non-licensed kitchen.

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    Options
    Great rig. Nice haul of meat!

Look forward to seeing some pictures of the finished product.

LBGE/Maryland
  • Yo_EGGcellency
    Options
    CTMike, I'm in Shelton - would luv to meet you some day at one of the local fairs, impressive rig.