Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Happy Birthday Dredger!

Dorothy Fuldheim once said "Youth is a disease from which we all recover." She also said " Having another birthday does not mean you have to grow up."
Dredger, my dear friend, Happy Birthday to a great contributor, and to someone whose recipes I have stolen so often, I should be in jail.
You have helped make me a better cook, and I appreciate the kindness.
Toasting you, all day today.
"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
Louisville, Kentucky

Comments

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Happy Birthday!
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Seconded, Ms. Dredger!   Thanks for all your inspirations!
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    HB - kid!!!!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Happy Birthday my South Carilina friend. Cheers and may you have a great day up there in the upstate!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,128
    Have a great day! 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Happy B-day!
    Happy Birthday to you.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Happy Birthday!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Dredger
    Dredger Posts: 1,468
    Having another birthday does not mean you have to grow up.

Thank you @YukonRon. You guys that know me know that this was and never will be an option. Also, for the record, I've stolen my fair share of your recipes too.  =) The great thing about this forum is that everyone is willing to share recipes and advice. It's a great place. Thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes. My mother always said "It certainly was a labor day". I was actually born on a Sunday, but she said that it was close enough.

Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,174
    Congrats on another successful lap of the sun.  I swear the more you ring up, the faster they go.  Enjoy the celebration.  
    Same time next year.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    Dredger said:
    Having another birthday does not mean you have to grow up.

Thank you @YukonRon. You guys that know me know that this was and never will be an option. Also, for the record, I've stolen my fair share of your recipes too.  =) The great thing about this forum is that everyone is willing to share recipes and advice. It's a great place. Thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes. My mother always said "It certainly was a labor day". I was actually born on a Sunday, but she said that it was close enough.

Hope your day was wonderful.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Dredger
    Dredger Posts: 1,468
    I swear the more you ring up, the faster they go.

Ain't that the truth @lousubcap. Seems like yesterday that I hit 40. My how the time flies. Just grateful to still be here. It's funny that 30 really bothered me, but every one thereafter was a piece of cake. @YukonRon, it was a great day except for the tree service. We had to make a heavy decision and have opted to remove all of the river birches on the property that are too close to the house and two very large Bradford pear trees. We've already had two smaller Bradford pear trees split during thunder storms and the two largest ones close to the house are about 40 feet tall. Every time we have a storm with a lot of wind or ice and snow, I am worried that they will come down. The river birches have already caused some damage with their roots to sidewalks and septic tank and we're afraid they will cause damage to the structure of the house. So today was a mixed bag. Great football day, great birthday, and sad about the trees. Gotta do what we have to do. 

Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    edited May 2018