Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Carson Rodizio on new LBGE hinge/band?

Options

Hello all.  I've been considering buying the Carson Rodizio for my LBGE.  I recently installed the new hinge/band for the egg.  Does anyone know if with the more narrow opening, if the Carson still fits?  If not, I was considering buying a 22" Weber Kettle to sit the Carson on top of...  but then I'm looking at $500 plus another $150 for the Weber.  Wondering if I'm better off buying a Joetisserie instead. 

Any thoughts?

Cooking on a LBGE and MM down in Miami, FL.

Comments

• Big_Green_Craig
    Options
    No, it will not fit. You'll need to go with a Kettle OR a PK Grill. Home Depot sells standard kettles for $99 

The Joetisserie allows you to cook huge cuts, but is limited in capacity and limited to lower temp cooks. The Rodizio works best with a hot fire. The Joetisserie lacks the showman ship of the Rodizio.  
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Weber kettles are a dime a dozen on Craigslist and garage sales, they can be brought back to life for <$50 - assuming you had to replace the ash cleaner, the rock grate and the cooking grid. Must admit that a new $500 CR sitting on a garage sale kettle is like lipstick on a pig. If you have $500 for the CR, a nice new kettle for <$100 is not much at all. Go big grasshopper.  
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!