Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza! Store bought?

Options
Surge
Surge Posts: 56
Made amazing pizza tonight. Using store bought uncooked dough. 

550-600F, rolled thin, 6-8 min. 

Wonderful!
Large Egg

Comments

• NewbeeMinimax
    Options
    That's a great start
    Bucks County, PA
    Minimax, XL, Flameboss 200, Roccbox

• maso
    maso Posts: 240
    Options
    I've tried and failed miserably to make my own dough. I want to learn how to do it and bake other breads. But I needed something immediately to satisfy my pizza needs. 

You can can buy a case of Sams Club pizza dough balls for $18 (24 pack). Sure it'll take some storage room in your freezer but it makes awesome pizza! We already liked their deli pizza for a quick dinner anyway, so it was a no brainer to use their dough. FYSA. 
    Large BGE in Moore, OK
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    No shame in that. 

I have the little stoner kids at Papa Murphys make pizzas upside down and put cornmeal on top so the dough doesn't stick. That way I can flip them on the stone. 

They cant figure out why but they love it. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,895
    Options
    maso said:
    I've tried and failed miserably to make my own dough. I want to learn how to do it and bake other breads. But I needed something immediately to satisfy my pizza needs. 

You can can buy a case of Sams Club pizza dough balls for $18 (24 pack). Sure it'll take some storage room in your freezer but it makes awesome pizza! We already liked their deli pizza for a quick dinner anyway, so it was a no brainer to use their dough. FYSA. 
    Over the years I have made several "can't fail but be perfect" pizza dough recipes. Didn't take me long to figure out when I can find a premade crust or ball that we like to go that route both for ease and success! I personally love the SAMS pizza crust when I buy the pizza by the slices when I happen to be there at lunch time. I would gladly pay the cheap $18 for 24 if I only had room to store them, let alone could use that many before they got freezer burnt. I just wish they would sell 3 or 6 balls at a time and I'd be a regular buyer! 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Rte1985
    Rte1985 Posts: 304
    Options
    I find that any pizza on the egg comes out better!  I make my dough for my home aid pies but take and bake pizzas are always finding their way to the egg!  
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,895
    edited August 2017
    Options
    No shame in that. 

I have the little stoner kids at Papa Murphys make pizzas upside down and put cornmeal on top so the dough doesn't stick. That way I can flip them on the stone. 

They cant figure out why but they love it. 
    I too love a PM for the ease! 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,349
    Options
    RRP said:
    maso said:

Over the years I have made several "can't fail but be perfect" pizza dough recipes. Didn't take me long to figure out when I can find a premade crust or ball that we like to go that route both for ease and success! I personally love the SAMS pizza crust when I buy the pizza by the slices when I happen to be there at lunch time. I would gladly pay the cheap $18 for 24 if I only had room to store them, let alone could use that many before they got freezer burnt. I just wish they would sell 3 or 6 balls at a time and I'd be a regular buyer! 
    Many local pizza shops will sell a few dough balls at a time.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• DonWW
    DonWW Posts: 424
    Options
    I was intimidated when I first took on the task of pizza night at the house.  Having no other reasonable resource, I used the pizza dough recipe in the Green Egg Cookbook.  It was easy, it worked like a dream and has never failed me since. 
    XL and Medium.  Dallas, Texas.