Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef Ribs for Saturday dinner!

Well I have never cooked beef ribs before (always pork)....so this will be the first. Stopped by my local Butcher and picked up 2 ribs, just over 4lbs. Going on the LBGE tomorrow for Saturdays dinner.

Rubbed down with yellow mustard and Southern Links Steak and Brisket rub to sit in the frig. overnight. 

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,167
    Those are dino ribs where I come from.  Great score to get those sized back ribs and some sweet marbling as well.   You are in for a true banquet on the far end of a pretty easy cook.  Trust the tooth-pick for the win.  
    BTW- like their pork cousins, remove the membrane before firing 'em up.
    Above all, have fun.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • That is a beautiful slab of meat. Looking forward to the results. 
    Snellville, GA

• THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,230
    Easy cook, fun before and after. 

Feast! 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,794
    Looks great.  Ribs that thick can take a while.  Give yourself plenty of time.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• SBGonzo
    SBGonzo Posts: 137
    Dino Ribs are on and smoking away. Put them on about 11:30am....a little later then I initially wanted to.....oh well. 

lousubcap said:
    Those are dino ribs where I come from.  Great score to get those sized back ribs and some sweet marbling as well.   You are in for a true banquet on the far end of a pretty easy cook.  Trust the tooth-pick for the win.  
    BTW- like their pork cousins, remove the membrane before firing 'em up.
    Above all, have fun.
    Good call on the membrane, I would have completely forgotten. Lol 

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    How are the ribs coming along?

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• SBGonzo
    Wow, all I can say is wow! I am floored at how amazing these tasted! The kids (4yrs old and 9yr old) even liked it.....zero leftovers. Of course the dog got some too. They had a BIG Beefy flavor and very moist, the meet cut like butter! 

I will have to make these again...they were a big hit. Great Dinner, fun cook....enjoy the pictures! 

1/2 through the cook, you can see the fat starting to break down. 

All done...total cook time 6.5 hours give or take. Internal temp 205ish, the meet was very soft. Rested about 25min wrapped in butcher paper. 

A quick shot inside

All done.....Dino Bones are left.

• dsrguns
    dsrguns Posts: 421
    Yep. Well done.

XL BGE
    MD
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,167
    Nailed it.  Congrats and welcome to brisket on a stick.  Most eggcellent.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Meat.
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • SBGonzo
    lousubcap said:
    Nailed it.  Congrats and welcome to brisket on a stick.  Most eggcellent.
    "Brisket on a stick" lol love it! 
  • That is some great looking meat right there. 
    Snellville, GA

• SSQUAL612
    SSQUAL612 Posts: 1,186
    If it taste half as good as it looks the Porcelain God is going to be requesting a second helping. 
    Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen