Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cracked Inner Ring

Options
Chris
Chris Posts: 148
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Has anyone ever had a problem with an inner ring cracking? I just got my ELBGE about two months ago and the inner ring with the vent holes is cracked now. I didn't know if this was common.

Comments

• dblR
    dblR Posts: 75
    Options
    Chris,
    Things happen. Just contact mother ship. I am sure they will make you happy. They do things right and stand behind the BGE. Just place back in your XL and continue to cook while you wait. It won't be long. I have a XL also and love mine.[p]Ralph

• EdF
    EdF Posts: 121
    Options
    Sounds like you're talking about the firebox (as opposed to the fire ring) since you mention the holes. It's very common and doesn't impair the egg. That said, you can get it replaced under warranty.
  • Deetwood
    Options
    Chris,
    Mine has been cracked for a year. Doesn't seem to effect anything.

• badbruce
    Options
    Morning Chris,[p]What they're not telling you is once you get started you can't stop.
    You'll spend sleepless nights cruising web sites looking for recipes you can adapt to the egg.
    Your thirst for new accessories will be unending.
    You'll become obsessed with taking pictures of food & you'll carry them in your wallet.
    Your friends will just roll their eyes heavenward & talk about the way you used to be.
    I'm tellin' ya it's worse than drugs.
    Don't do it man, just put the mouse down.
    Cheers,
    bruce

• badbruce
    Options
    badbruce,
    Never mind, posted in the wrong spot
    Cheers,
    ]bruce