Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My $74 Acorn JR . Working Ugly

sctdg
sctdg Posts: 301
edited August 2017 in Off Topic
This is my $74 Acorn Jr with ugly but FUNCTIONAL mods . Right now parked at 225 degrees with TipTop control . Love this thing . Yes it is ugly but boy can it cook!!!!! Extra Smokeware was here after upgrading to new style,had extra TipTop and plate hanger thing for using on my large Acorn . Also removed stock top vent, you can see it under jr on my Parrot perch / now Acorn Jr cart. It's all field expediency .Temp says about 180 ,it was on the way up . Got to 225 and parked itself there . My large Acorn is harder to control use that a lot in winter when I don't want to mess with the Egg and it's ceramics in the cold ,but now with Jr I have the new all season go to for those small cooks and usually I'm cooking for my self or me and girlfriend on weekend . Damn I love this thing . $74 you can't get hurt . Oh yeah even had old cover from big Acorn which i just replaced with new,closed hole on top with wire tie and it fits Jr and cart perfect . Total expense $74 Acorn Jr, $35 Acorn Jr deflector . That's it and my time,I'm retired that's free. Winner .
Here a tip if you own one of these or a large . Wrap aluminum foil around hooks for bottom clamps on ash tray and you will get a tighter fit between tray and main body . Did it on my large when I got it years ago and it was first thing I did with Jr. Good way to keep clean is with an ash vac,(you can find the for around $60 )don't bother taking off tray just stick hose in from top and you will never have issues with bottom gasket .

Comments