Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

This forum needs a breakfast category.

Options
epcotisbest
epcotisbest Posts: 2,172
edited August 2017 in Off Topic
Breakfast is just about my favorite, and I often come up with some interesting stuff using leftovers.
Tonight I had planned on breaking in the new Blackstone 17, but rain put the brakes on that idea.
So I just faked it with some leftover corned beef hash and onions, sauteed in olive oil, then made room for a couple of eggs in the middle of the pan, let it set on the bottom then finished under the broiler in the little countertop oven. Added some cheese and folded it in half like an omelet and served with some fresh tomatoes. Breakfast for dinner.
And yes, I know using canned corned beef hash is questionable at best, but coming from a background where we had nothing, that was a rare treat, and I still keep a can or two in the pantry, same for spam. When you were so poor that hash and spam were both considered real treats, sometimes you want to forget it, but sometimes something that simple makes you appreciate what you do have now. Sorry, got off on a little tangent there didn't I ?

Comments

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    No need to apologize for Spam. We have a museum for it here in MN.

I'd throw that plate down no problem. Looks good from here
    So THAT'S where all the crappy email comes from!  That place should get shut down!

We took my Mom out to lunch today at a Polish restaurant near her, but I had breakfast.    I started with a bowl of Dill Pickle Soup and followed that up with an omelet stuffed with good things like kielbasa, ham, green pepper & onion.  I think I'll make my own version.  I'm gonna have to give this a little thought.

I'm pretty sure all that happened, but alas, no photos.  
    Flint, Michigan
  • epcotisbest
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    No need to apologize for Spam. We have a museum for it here in MN.

I'd throw that plate down no problem. Looks good from here
    Never knew there was a spam museum. Interesting.
  • milesofsmiles
    milesofsmiles Posts: 1,377
    Options
    SPAM WHAT AM . SPAM, ONIONS , BELL PEPPEERS EGGS COOKED IN A WOK . TOP SHELVE STUFF. DICED SPAM THAT IS .
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,340
    Options
    I love Spam. Sliced, dusted with a rub and grilled. Yum
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    1) Yes. 

2) Anyone who can't appreciate the value of a good can of Spam has never really known struggle and hunger in their lives. 

Fried SPAM and instant pancakes in the field when you have been sweating for days on end is like a cold beer after a long work day. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,174
    Options
    1) Yes. 

2) Anyone who can't appreciate the value of a good can of Spam has never really known struggle and hunger in their lives. 

Fried SPAM and instant pancakes in the field when you have been sweating for days on end is like a cold beer after a long work day. 
    Spam is high dollar. The struggle is Treet. 
  • epcotisbest
    Options
    1) Yes. 

Spam is high dollar. The struggle is Treet. 
    Yeah, Treet is certainly not a treat. 
  • epcotisbest
    Options

1) Yes. 

I can remember having pintos and white bread for days, so when there was some spam to go with it, that was extra special and tasty.
  • setdahook
    setdahook Posts: 284
    Options
    Spam with fried rice and teriyaki is so damn good