Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Austin Trip

This Friday I will be visiting Austin for a week. I land at 8:00 AM and would like some advise on which BBQ joint I need to stand in line first.
O-Town, FL

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    Here's a good thread for starters: (try the search function here for many more discussions).  FWIW-

Traveling to Texas in November  

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Not BBQ, but you should try Matts El Ranchero, Woo Chows, and Juliet's.  Some of our favorites.  I know its not very good Q, but the Salt Lick is a lot of fun to go to.  The original one that is.  Lucy's fried chicken is pretty damn good as well.  
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • xfire_ATX
    xfire_ATX Posts: 1,110
    Lucy's fried chicken is pretty damn good as well.  
    +1 Lucys on the Lake for sunset.  Beats the hell out of the Oasis.
    XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
    Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president.