Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Truth... is out there (in Brenham, TX).

Options
caliking
caliking Posts: 18,731
edited August 2017 in EggHead Forum
Made the trek out to Truth BBQ in Brenham, TX this weekend and I'm so glad that I did. It had been mentioned  here some time ago by @cazzy, @The Cen-Tex Smoker (and others) so its been on my mind for the better part of this year. 

The word is out though, and there was a bit of a line when we got there at about 11:45am.

Took about 1hr 15mins to get our food. Caliprince had a good time in line too, and even wanted a beer. Cold beer and water in a cooler by the front door. Be kind and leave a tip for the drinks. 

The grub!! Brisket, 2 kinds of sausage, beef ribs, pork ribs (not pictured because i forgot about them) mac n cheese, corn pudding, slaw, beans, collard greens. 

The brisket. OMG. The texture was farkin' phenomenal. Flavor was good, but not as good as the last couple of @The Cen-Tex Smoker 's that I've sampled. Beef ribs and pork ribs were also good (pork ribs were quite a bit better than mine). The sides just made the food coma that followed inevitable. We took home red velvet, lemon pound, and chocolate cake. The pieces were honkin' big hunks of goodness. The Truth folks are a pleasure to be around - super nice staff, the Leonards (Sr. and Jr.) treat you like they've known you for a while. Its the best BBQ i've paid money for and i wish more meals outside the house were like this one.

The whole fam loved it, and its under 1.5hrs driving from us. Stopped by Blue Bell Creamery for ice cream afterwards... because we're gluttons. Everyone else took a nap while I slapped myself awake for the drive home.

We're definitely going back!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.

Comments