Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggtoberfest Atlanta 2017 sold out??? Already?

Options
Sold out in 2 days? How many tickets were sold? I like the idea of limited # so it can be enjoyed and not be gridlock...

Comments

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,174
    Options
    You snooze you lose. 

Welcome to the forum BTW. 
  • Gallowayja
    Options
    How many tickets were sold? Any idea?
  • Csarvis3
    Csarvis3 Posts: 13
    Options
    I got my ticket but my brother was going To buy tomorrow. Sad times
  • SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Options
    ** Black Market
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    Options
    If you want to go just wait every year in the few weeks prior people come on here trying to dump tickets hey can't use for various reasons.  Happens every year
  • Gallowayja
    Options
    I landed my tickets.. I'm looking forward to it. I've never been before, (been trying to get tix for 3 years).
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    I think there are normally 4-5k people if I remember correctly. 
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,296
    Options
    A new income stream, scalping egg tickets.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    A new income stream, scalping egg tickets.
    Back when they had it at the old warehouse before the speedway they only sold a limited amount of tickets and they used to be on craigslist for $100 a ticket for resale. 
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    Sold out in 2 days? How many tickets were sold? I like the idea of limited # so it can be enjoyed and not be gridlock...
    You can count on gridlock. 
    Snellville, GA

• Gallowayja
    Options
    For 4000 people? I've never been, Can you give me some insight?
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    For 4000 people? I've never been, Can you give me some insight?
    ATL nuff said
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    Not sure where to start. It will be packed with people. They (we) will be lined up to get in the gate about 1/2 mile long.

Once the gates open the line moves pretty fast. About 3-4 beers worth and you should be getting close.

Once you get inside there will be people lined up to get their goodie bags, taste food and let loose of the 3 beers they drank while standing in line.

Come about 10am big green Craig and crew will have a line that wraps around the whole place and you may think they are giving away free eggs by the looks of it. He puts out some great food if you can stand the hour long line (I can't). 

Wander about, find the places that don't have such long lines. There are great people cooking and most everyone is very friendly. If you see something you must try then wait around. But plan to spend time being paitent waiting for food.

As stated before bring a chair and some shade if possible. It's a great time but it's not for everyone. Some people can't take standing in line.

Also it can be hot in October so drink as much beer as possible the night before so you are well hydrated for the main event. My guess is you will have a blast. 
    Snellville, GA

• DoubleEgger
    Options
    From the way that sounds, it's highly likely I'll have two tickets to sell. 
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I thought the fourth stanza would have you trying to sneak in early. 
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    It kinda sounds like a Renaissance Festival. A bunch of folks eating turkey legs waiting in the funnel cake line. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,949
    edited August 2017
    Options
    It kinda sounds like a Renaissance Festival. A bunch of folks eating turkey legs waiting in the funnel cake line. 
    Nah it's really a pretty good time man.  The lines really aren't too bad.  The crowd is there, sure, but it's a huge space.

We probably won't go to another because I just prefer the smaller fests.  But for a one off?  It's worth it.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    Very true John it is a very good time. Hence the 3-4 beers while standing in line. I have stood in lines much longer for much less, that's for sure. It's all what you make of it. Definitely worth going at least once just to see that many eggs within a 1/4 mile radius.
    Snellville, GA

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    It is not that bad, I have cooked at all but one for the last 10 years. Bring chairs and a cooler as you have a place to hang out. We will have 6 cooking spots with tents. Hell you can bring something to cook for you and Mar if you want...

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Gallowayja
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    It is not that bad, I have cooked at all but one for the last 10 years. Bring chairs and a cooler as you have a place to hang out. We will have 6 cooking spots with tents. Hell you can bring something to cook for you and Mar if you want...
    Cooler? BYOB?
  • pseabo
    pseabo Posts: 2
    Options
    any idea on how to get tickets?
  • Gallowayja
    Options
    pseabo said:
    any idea on how to get tickets?
    My neighbor is selling his. But he's a crook and wants $100/each. 
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    No disrespect to you @Gallowayja but I hope your neighbor gets stuck with those tickets. 
    Snellville, GA

• Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    @pseabo keep an eye on the forum and you will see people getting rid of tickets as we get closer. People buy them and then plans change and they can't make it. Welcome to the forum! 
    Snellville, GA

• Mclayborn79
    Options
    I have bought tickets a months after going on sale before with no problem but I missed the tickets by about a day this time :(. If anyone is selling theirs I need 2.  Message me and I can PayPal the money. I haven't missed in 6 years.