Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - I really gotta stop going by Walmart.

Options
Another Akorn Jr. for a gift and the 17-inch griddle for me. Akorn Jr. $74, Blackstone $51.

Comments

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    You stole that Blackstone, sweet deal.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Except it's $49 everywhere else. =)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• epcotisbest
    epcotisbest Posts: 2,173
    Options
    Except it's $49 everywhere else. =)
    Everywhere near me that was selling it for $49 was out of stock, so when I saw this one for $51 (it was $97 at this particular Walmart the other day which is why they still had some I guess), I grabbed it. Yeah, those two dollars are gonna bother me for awhile, but after the first batch of fajitas, I think I will get over it. Looking forward to blackened steaks and some cheesesteaks as well, and breakfast, can't forget breakfast.
  • cookingdude555
    Options
    You will love that blackstone. I am eating a quesadilla right now that my son and I made on it.  I actually like the 17" so much that I picked up a second one to just leave in my car. Its a good griddle.   
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Looks like the start of a great weekend.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,349
    Options
    You will love that blackstone. I am eating a quesadilla right now that my son and I made on it.  I actually like the 17" so much that I picked up a second one to just leave in my car. Its a good griddle.   
    Do you frequently feel the desire/need to pull your car off to the side of the road and griddle up some vittles? :)
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,180
    Options
    I know what you mean... 

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Somehow....I was expecting something different out of this thread. Carry on.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    Somehow....I was expecting something different out of this thread. Carry on.
    Here you go 

http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/
  • epcotisbest
    epcotisbest Posts: 2,173
    Options
    I know what you mean... 

Now that does look like a nice find. Hope you got a great deal.
  • DoubleEgger
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I know what you mean... 

I don't know if it was a deal or not. I wanted to watch Netflix last night and didn't have a TV at the new place. 

Rocking the Black and Decker stand too. 

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    I know what you mean... 

I don't know if it was a deal or not. I wanted to watch Netflix last night and didn't have a TV at the new place. 

Rocking the Black and Decker stand too. 

Is that the episode where Dwight was in charge of a new health insurance plan.  Anal fissures?
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    Yes it is @kl8ton. Good stuff.