Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Demo Eggs for Sale at Eggtoberfest

Options
Anyone have details on the demo egg sale for the up coming Eggtoberfest at Stone Mtn?  I know tickets go on sale August 1st but can't seem to find anything about the Egg Demo Sale?

Comments

• Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    I can't help with the demo egg answer but thank you for the reminder to get tickets. Had to find a  bootlegger last year (thanks again @blasting)
    Snellville, GA

• Lowcountrygamecock
    Options
    How does this eggfest compare to Georgia Mountain Eggfest?  That's the only one I've ever been too. 
  • GoldenQ
    GoldenQ Posts: 566
    Options
    Anyone been to an ARKANSAS eggfest.  I was thinking about the one this Sept. 
    I XL  and 1 Weber Kettle  And 1 Weber Q220       Outside Alvin, TX-- South of Houston
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Eggdicted_Dawgfan Posts: 1,896
    edited July 2017
    Options
    @Lowcountrygamecock the GM fest and the eggtober fest are much different animals somewhat. The GA Mtn fest as you know is a relatively small fest. This is nice because you stay within a fairly small area to taste all the goods. It is mostly in the shade too.

Eggtoberfest at Stone Mtn is anything but small and in the shade. There are thousands of people there and last year was miserably hot. But if you want to see the largest Eggfest there is I suggest you attend at least once and decide if it's for you or not.

Bring a chair and a cooler. It's a fun day but you need to be prepared to stand in lines and be in the sun for most of the day. While I enjoy the GA Mtn fest much more, I still enjoy attending eggtober fest every year as well. It's quite the experience and there are some people putting out some very impressive eats (just as they do at GM).

Buy your tickets early if you want to go. It will sell out rather quick. Oh and get there early or it will take about an hour or more to get through the gate (good time to have that chair and a small cooler. Also lots of vendors there to throw cash at. 

Hope this helps.

*Edited to add a couple paragraphs so no one passed out trying to read it.
    Snellville, GA

• bryan_h
    bryan_h Posts: 5
    Options
    @Eggdicted_Dawgfan - Thanks for all the info. This will be my first year attending and the chair and cooler are not something I thought about bringing. 
  • Manvsmolar
    Manvsmolar Posts: 30
    Options
    Check online (i think it was Xorbia last year) thats where they will sell the ticket to buy the used egg.  Be there when they say to with a vehicle to transport and enough people to get it out of said vehicle and to the spot it will reside. However check with dealers ahead of the event because they often will sell the same package at the same cost as the eggtoberfest ones(at least thats what the local dealer told me.)
    ATL
  • six_egg
    six_egg Posts: 1,110
    Options
    GoldenQ said:
    Anyone been to an ARKANSAS eggfest.  I was thinking about the one this Sept. 
    I will be there. They people putting it on said it will be a small one. 50 to 75 people. This is the Little Rock one I am referring too.

XLBGE, LBGE 

Fernandina Beach, FL

• Teefus
    Teefus Posts: 1,208
    Options
    For what it's worth, I got my large as a demo last year at the 'fest near me. Saved about 30% plus got a free cover and three big bags of lump. I didn't commit in advance. I rolled the dice and it worked out well. 
    Michiana, South of the border.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    I would recommend going to the fest but don't buy a demo there. We live in the ATL just go to Roswell Hardware they match Eggtoberfest prices on brand new eggs around the same time. Call them and get the details I think it was for a couple weeks in October but the line at Eggtoberfest to pickup the demo eggs sucks. It's always a several hour wait minimum for them to cool down the eggs and empty them and get hundreds of eggs into cars. Plus Roswell hardware has way better grilling toys probably my favorite place to spend money.