Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I am as dumb as a box of rocks

tml1230
tml1230 Posts: 237
ok ...I am 36 years into a marriage with the same woman. I am now also 4 weeks into an affair with a medium BGE. The affair began , in of all places, a tawdry ( for you Florida State university graduates that means undesirable)....BGE store in AThens Georgia.  So far, me and the medium BGE have discreetly created 2 good meals ...followed by a pizza whose crust was darker than a coal miners ...
armpit at midnight. My spouse was not impressed.
just this weekend I scored a minimax in Atlanta  and convinced my wife that the above mentioned pizza debacle was an anomaly ..and to give me a second chance on my incredible new (to me) minimax. I said let me do something simple, like burgers....(truth be known I just had to try out my new minimax, I didnt care if i cooked a dog  turd on the unit.)
SO... Prior to the cook , I came here to this site that I have come to love ... and found a method that surely would rival my wife's special recipe for burgers that she always and very successfully prepared in a cast iron skillet....
Fired up my new minimax, put 2 very small cast iron skillets in said unit ... Heated them up to 400 degrees and placed  a burger in both. All was good- I brought said skillets with burger contained in each into the kitchen when done. perfectly seared and sizzling......

just like my wife,s hand when she grabbed the above mentioned black skillet...somehow this is all my fault.
who do u think I am sleeping with tonight?
Sarasota Fl. and  Lake Toxaway N.C. (and Novembers on the island of Kauai) (and April in France.... Don't hate on me for that)
BGE  medium and minimax
HOW  BOUT THEM GATORS !

Comments

• epcotisbest
    epcotisbest Posts: 2,168
    My wife loves the BGE. Says it keeps the house cooler on hot summer days like today. She also likes the food. 
    As for grabbing a hot cast iron skillet...you should have put a sign on it reading "Do not touch...hot." Your fault.
  • EggNorth
    EggNorth Posts: 1,535
    Ouch, that has to hurt ...  Did you get to ask if the burger was good  :)
    Dave
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    Large (2010), Mini Max (2015), Large garden pot (2018)
  • EggNorth
    EggNorth Posts: 1,535
    My wife loves the BGE. Says it keeps the house cooler on hot summer days like today. She also likes the food. 
    As for grabbing a hot cast iron skillet...you should have put a sign on it reading "Do not touch...hot." Your fault.
    My wife loves the smell of the egg, on me after I'm done cooking.  She said once I'm gone, she will hang out at an Eggfest for another EggHead.

Of course it's tml1230 fault, that is the story he should stick too anyway.
    Dave
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    Large (2010), Mini Max (2015), Large garden pot (2018)
  • Dinah_Moe_Humm
    Dinah_Moe_Humm Posts: 111
    edited July 2017
    Sorry.  It happens in professional kitchens too.  Next time, leave the oven mitt on the handle and as your placing the skillet down on the counter, look her straight in the eye and say, "don't touch, this is f-ing hot"!  
    D'you think I could interest you in a pair of zircon-encrusted tweezers?

Newtown Square, PA
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,794
    edited July 2017
    You've been married 36 years.  Of course it is your fault.  How is that a surprise?

More importantly, where do you stay on Kauai?

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    The Egg can be a jealous mistress 
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    Did you get video?  

Signed,
    Botch
    Professional Bachelor

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• TN_Sister_State
    TN_Sister_State Posts: 1,130
    Been there done that and I was blamed as well. 
    Franklin, Tn
    LBGE - Cast Iron Grate - Flameboss 300 - BGEtisserie

• tml1230
    tml1230 Posts: 237
    thanks to all for your support...the reason i captioned my narrative " dumb as a box of rocks"  was  ....that was her response to ME about ME...  after the "reverse sear" ...of HER hand.
    Apparently she had previously purchased a device, which i did not know about, at "bed bath and beyond"  or some other "soap on a rope" type store . Apparently this device , which i did not know about ,slips over  a hot handle of a black skillet. 
    Perhaps i may have seen it in the drawer, but since it had hearts and flowers on it, i assumed it was something used for making quiche.

Foghorn, we stay on the north shore of Kauai  in Princeville for the month (retirement is a beautiful thing). Quiet little condo ....with top of the line weber genesis grills to use nightly while looking out at the ocean and the mountains where jurassic park was filmed. To us it is the most beautiful place in the world not really developed a lot and a million miles away from Honolulu.
    Sarasota Fl. and  Lake Toxaway N.C. (and Novembers on the island of Kauai) (and April in France.... Don't hate on me for that)
    BGE  medium and minimax
    HOW  BOUT THEM GATORS !
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,162
    @tml1230 - too bad that's a true story.  As above, no way its not your fault but at least you used the MM.
    BTW- great November living.  The best of the Hawaiian Islands for sure.  Way to truly enjoy the "every day is Saturday lifestyle."

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Cookbook_Chip
    Cookbook_Chip Posts: 1,299
    Oh, man.  I've finally learned that "black handle" = HOT.  So dummy me, did a meal in one of our stainless skillets and had it in the oven.  Took it out and of course, just grabbed then handle on the stove top.  It wasn't black so I didn't even think twice.  Or it was the bourbon.  In any case - sorry for your poor wife!
    Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at https://FamilyCookbookProject.com
    Stoker II wifi, Thermapen, and a Fork for plating photo purposes
  • When I married Wilma, she told me (good naturedly) that everything will be my fault.  After almost 12 years, she is not a liar.  Something will happen and she'll tack on "it's your fault" at the end.  I'll ask, "How can it be my fault?"  She'll reply some crazy implausible or impossible story that puts the blame on me.  We laugh and I say I'm sorry.  I bought her a bouquet of flowers worthy of a husband's apology for a big screw up when she got diagnosed with diabetes. 
    Flint, Michigan
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,794
    Kauai is indeed awesome.  My wife and I hope to one day do something like that.  However, we've picked out a spot on the drier side of the island - the condo building that shares a small peninsula with The Beach House restaurant on the south shore.  It has a beach on each side and a nice, but relatively small break for me to stand-up paddle surf.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    My wife want let me have affairs.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    You may be that dumb, but you were the fastest sperm. So hey, you got that going for you. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT.