Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Visit to SAMS and found prime

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,888
edited July 2017 in Off Topic
Been a month or so since I was there last, but yesterday I was surprised to see our local SAMS has started carrying prime beef. It was good looking, good selection and reasonably priced. I know most here think COSTCO runs circles around SAMS, but I have yet to buy any prime at COSTCO as - here anyway - it is overpriced and simply fat beef. I'm wondering though if adding prime is merely a reaction to COSTCO being in our market and offering it. BTW prime beef is not easy to find any place here. Have any other eggers found prime at SAMS?
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,677
    Options
    Sam's location's in the Birmingham AL area don't carry prime.
    We have one Costco in the area, it carries prime. There is a Sams across the street, it doesn't have prime.
    I wish Sam's in our area carried prime for sure. I also wish they could learn to cut steaks evenly. They specialize in the Sam's taper cut.  They start at 1.25 inches and taper to .75 

Hopefully prime will come to a Sam's near me, the Costco is a 40 minute drive with heavy traffic all the way.
  • CoMoBGE
    CoMoBGE Posts: 374
    Options
    In Columbia, Mo the Sams always has prime packers/beef tenderloin/sirloin. You can also catch prime ribeyes on occasion. 
  • beteez
    beteez Posts: 548
    Options
    Our Sams in a small town always has prime, never seen it in Jax or Savannah Sams.
  • platypusrex
    platypusrex Posts: 225
    Options
    Went yesterday to the Sam's in NW Austin, they had prime sirloins at $8/lb and ribeyes at $17/lb. They looked good, ~8 oz each. I get prime sirloins a lot at HEB so I didn't bite, but these looked decent. We typically go to Costco now, will be letting the Sam's membership expire.
    LBGE, platesetter, Stoker wifi, StokerX Mac software, Pit Pal for iOS, @HerringBigEgg on Twitter, joined forum in 2008
    Austin, TX
  • steel_egg
    steel_egg Posts: 295
    Options
    None of the Sams I've been to in Pittsburgh carry anything prime. My MIL has checked at Cosco and they don't carry anything either. 
  • divr71
    divr71 Posts: 82
    Options
    I've found at Sams in Springfield.
  • Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    Options
    Sams in Chattanooga has prime.

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    So far have not seen Prime in South Houston stores
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas