Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Firebox

Options
looking at a used medium egg online but the firebox is cracked in several spots. It's all in 1 piece though. Would this be an issue if I purchased it and use it or should I stay clearing not buy? How much is a firebox for a medium? It's not the original owner so can't file warranty. 

Comments

• stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    List is $147, and then you'd have a receipt and thus lifetime warranty
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,025
    edited July 2017
    Options
    You're good to go for the firebox. They can be put back together like a puzzle. I believe @fishlessman has a firebox in 10 pieces. The firebox is the least of your worries with cracking. I've had good luck with used eggs. Others not so much. It's a gamble with a used egg. Just make sure you're getting an awesome deal on it. Your biggest concern should be the dome/base. A new one of those will be your savings of a new egg with warranty. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • g8golfer
    g8golfer Posts: 1,025
    Options
    Ok thanks. He's wanting $400 for egg and table but I think I can get him to $250-$300 as is.