Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bought a murse

Options
Bought this today on sale for $164 out the door.  Any good/negative reviews?

MM & XL BGE, Bay Area CA

Comments

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    Ever been bit by a gator? Let those teeth get warm and stick your hand in there to fish out a beer. You'll learn the con quick. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options

Flint, Michigan
  • Brason
    Brason Posts: 330
    Options
    It's cute and it goes with cargo shorts. Good for you!
    Cheers,

Jason

Orange County- CA
  • MJG
    MJG Posts: 598
    Options
    Good price. I have one, the wife bought it for me. I like it but would not have paid what she did. 
    Large Big Green Egg in a nest. North Shore of Boston.
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Most don't like the way it opens. Zipper will do a number on your arm. The square top ones solve the issue. Nice cooler nonetheless
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    Brason said:
    It's cute and it goes with cargo shorts. Good for you!

Best comment of the day right there @Brason

Phoenix 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,946
    Options
    Aren't you supposed to read reviews before you buy it?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Good soft cooler. Does not leak. Hard to get in and out. Would recommend the medium size as the small doesn't quite do it on volume. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Ever been bit by a gator? Let those teeth get warm and stick your hand in there to fish out a beer. You'll learn the con quick. 
    Ha ha. So true. Plus it does not hold ice for $hit. It's probably worth $165 though. I have one and it's the least used cooler in the bunch. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,043
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I use mine all the time.  It is easy to toss in the truck or jeep and it doesn't leak when it tips over.  It keeps stuff cold for about 2 days with a moderate amount of ice.  I don't pre-chill it like hard coolers, but then I don't use it for weeklong events.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,043
    Options
    And the jagged zippers from hell (jzh's) are easy to solve.  Set cooler perpendicular to a wall.  Push far edge towards the wall.  Cooler mouth opens nice and wide and you can reach in. (In a pinch, you can use your leg).

A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,171
    Options
    It makes a great airline carry on. I take it on fishing trips to Minnesota. 
  • jollygreenegg
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    Lol...  I'm using now for an overnight trip... small footprint and easy to carry..  was able to put 4 beer bottles, bottle of moscato, 6 Capri suns and several waters with maybe 1/3 of ice.

Gonna use it for fishing and when we go wine tasting.  Just hope it lasts a while before breaking.
    MM & XL BGE, Bay Area CA
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Just keep it trim to your body and you probably won't have trouble with anyone who wants to snatch it.  ;)
    Flint, Michigan
  • Brason
    Brason Posts: 330
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    Lol...  I'm using now for an overnight trip... small footprint and easy to carry..  was able to put 4 beer bottles, bottle of moscato, 6 Capri suns and several waters with maybe 1/3 of ice.

Gonna use it for fishing and when we go wine tasting.  Just hope it lasts a while before breaking.

I will assume the Moscato and Capri Suns are for the kids. What are you going to do when the 4 beers are done?
    Cheers,

Jason

Orange County- CA
  • jollygreenegg
    Options
    Brason said:
    WeberWho said:

I will assume the Moscato and Capri Suns are for the kids. What are you going to do when the 4 beers are done?
    Drank the four beers then smoked a fat joint! 
    MM & XL BGE, Bay Area CA