Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Suggestions for a friend

Options
I have a friend who is looking to buy a large egg for her husband. She would like to know some of the must have accessories for a new egger. I believe she will be purchasing the large package pictured below. 

I told her she should try and get credit for the plate setter and use the money toward a Woo ring and stone or Adj Rig combo. I also suggested a Thermo Pop.

What else would you suggest?

Jeff from Winston-Salem, NC  - LBGE, MiniMax, Blackstone

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    Given you have some run-time on the forum, I would point you to an eggfest to get the once-used full-up warranty discounted BGE.  I have not been in the market but the above package minus the platesetter is a good starter package.  There several forum local to NC regulars that should be along with much better advice.
    And regardless of where she lands, the thermo-pop is a quality buy.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    He'll need a new liver. 
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    Im sorry but 

I just couldn't buy from them. 

Little Rock, AR

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Im sorry but 

Oh I see you're one of those snooty types and probably call it by the real name, ConvEGGtor.  

Do you throw your pinky finger out too when installing yours in your Egg? 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    They also spelled gauge wrong. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    And what the **** is organic lump charcoal? Gimme a break, we are lighting the **** on fire!!

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    That's nice of her, buying her husband a large package.
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    Im sorry but 

Oh I see you're one of those snooty types and probably call it by the real name, ConvEGGtor.  

Do you throw your pinky finger out too when installing yours in your Egg? 
    You damn right I do. Except for the conveggtor horseshit. Just cant go there. Thats worse than "place" setter. 

Little Rock, AR

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    And it kinda pisses me off for them to list the top, the grid, the "guage", and the ash tool as a package. Who the frick is gonna buy a grill without a top or grid?

Little Rock, AR

• Jeffroe189
    Jeffroe189 Posts: 273
    Options
    Well I can see this thread is going to be helpful. 
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    Sorry. We were kidding around. 

Little Rock, AR

• dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    Shoulda posted this on a Tuesday....
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • Jeffroe189
    Options
    dmchicago said:
    Shoulda posted this on a Tuesday....
    True statement.
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    In all seriousness I think thats a good package but Im like you in trying to get credit for platesetter and getting a woo or adj rig. 

Little Rock, AR

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    In all seriousness I think thats a good package but Im like you in trying to get credit for platesetter and getting a woo or adj rig. 
    I think Stephen will do that, honestly.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • tferk
    tferk Posts: 34
    Options
    If everyone don't mind I am going to take this opportunity to ask a question the may start a fire storm. Which is better a woo or a adjustable rig? I have the plate setter but want a little more flexibility than what that gives me. Thanks in advance.
  • Jeffroe189
    edited July 2017
    Options
    tferk said:
    If everyone don't mind I am going to take this opportunity to ask a question the may start a fire storm. Which is better a woo or a adjustable rig? I have the plate setter but want a little more flexibility than what that gives me. Thanks in advance.
    Let me add to this and ask why would you get the woo ring over the pswoo? What makes them different?
  • Jeffroe189
    Options
    tferk said:
    The adjustable rig combo is by far the best purchase I have made for my Egg. It is much more versatile than the woo ring. Plus they offer more accessories that work with it. But all that greatness comes with a much steeper price. If you can afford it it’s definitely worth the extra in my opinion. 

The hardest part part for me was deciding between the R&B and the customer combo. I like the customer combo I got pretty good but sometime wish I had the oval stone. 

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    I have the platesetter (LBGE) so I went with the PSWoo and D-ring extender from CGS; linked here:
    https://ceramicgrillstore.com/pages/pswoo-ring-large-big-green-egg-conveggtor  It is very well-made and easily does all the things mentioned in the link.  FWIW-
    I cannot comment on the AR.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    I have a friend who is looking to buy a large egg for her husband. She would like to know some of the must have accessories for a new egger. I believe she will be purchasing the large package pictured below. 

I told her she should try and get credit for the plate setter and use the money toward a Woo ring and stone or Adj Rig combo. I also suggested a Thermo Pop.

What else would you suggest?

Spelling lessons for the dealer!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    I have the platesetter (LBGE) so I went with the PSWoo and D-ring extender from CGS; linked here:
    https://ceramicgrillstore.com/pages/pswoo-ring-large-big-green-egg-conveggtor  It is very well-made and easily does all the things mentioned in the link.  FWIW-
    I cannot comment on the AR.  
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

me too. Eventually platesetter broke and I bought the triangle piece and an oval stone and LOVE it. 

Little Rock, AR