Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Warranty Question- Sierra Select

Brason
Brason Posts: 330
I recently, in the last year, cracked my fire ring. I finally went to the local dealer, I bought my egg in Nebraska from a now closed dealer, to talk about a replacement. He told me that I have to call the distributor, Sierra Select to have them process the replacement. 

Has anyone else had to deal with Sierra Select for a warranty replacement? Is this normal to have to call the distributor?
Cheers,

Jason

Orange County- CA

Comments

• Let me be the first to apologize for any intel you get between now and 0800 EST. 

Mischief is afoot tonight. 

Having said that...go find another dealer. A good one will take care of the issue for you. If all else fails call the distributor. Sounds like your dealer is being lazy. You want his attention next time, ask questions about an XXL and an overpriced table then mention you need help with the warranty. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• Brason
    Thanks. I saw that people are all fired up tonight. You have to love Friday night. Let it burn
    Cheers,

Jason

Orange County- CA
  • Brason
    Is it weird that I just looked up the dealer locator and the place I went to is not listed on the website?
    Cheers,

Jason

Orange County- CA
  • Brason
    Anyone?
    Cheers,

Jason

Orange County- CA
  • Brason
    I went to a different dealer today. It is a gold level dealer. They told me I had to contact BGE directly and have them deal with it. They said that they do not deal with warranty claims at all. Is it diferent in OC CA than the rest of the country?

I have now been to 2 different dealers that both told me to call someone else.

Can some point me in the right direction? I am just talking about a new fire ring.  
    Cheers,

Jason

Orange County- CA
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Brason said:
    I went to a different dealer today. It is a gold level dealer. They told me I had to contact BGE directly and have them deal with it. They said that they do not deal with warranty claims at all. Is it diferent in OC CA than the rest of the country?

I have now been to 2 different dealers that both told me to call someone else.

Can some point me in the right direction? I am just talking about a new fire ring.  
    It's a bit of a drive, but I'll bet @SMITTYtheSMOKER would take care of you.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Brason
    The bay is a bit of a drive, but maybe he knows someone down here I can talk to. 
    Cheers,

Jason

Orange County- CA
  • GatoGordo
    GatoGordo Posts: 80
    I purchased my egg from a dealer in Orange County that is no longer in business. When my firebox broke I first went to Barbecues Galore and they did not want to get involved. I then went to BBQ Outlet and they were great with helping me get a replacement. They have stores in Orange County and Riverside. I suggest you give them a try.
    LBGE, Stoker WiFi, UDS, Pit Barrel Cooker
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,671
    dealers around me have been awful but things either got resolved thru the distributor or thru bruce bohannon at big green egg for me in the past. the dealer is supposed to handle this. the distributor sent me parts to the closest dealer to me for pickup. bruce sent me an email for the dealer
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Brason
    GatoGordo said:
    I purchased my egg from a dealer in Orange County that is no longer in business. When my firebox broke I first went to Barbecues Galore and they did not want to get involved. I then went to BBQ Outlet and they were great with helping me get a replacement. They have stores in Orange County and Riverside. I suggest you give them a try.
    BBQ Outlet was the store that told me to call Sierra Select, the distributor. They said that they do not handle warrant items at all. 

Cheers,

Jason

Orange County- CA
  • GatoGordo
    Brason said:
    BBQ Outlet was the store that told me to call Sierra Select, the distributor. They said that they do not handle warrant items at all. 

Well, that is surprising. I dealt with Jim Cannon and he was great. In fact, he even offered to give me one from their current stock if I needed it right away.

That was back in 2013 so I don't know if they changed their policy. Certainly, if they do not want to handle warranty items, they are off my list for my next egg purchase.
  • Brason
    I went to the one off of El Toro. Not sure if that is the same one you did business with.

Cheers,

Jason

Orange County- CA
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    I have not dealt with that distributor, but when I needed to get replacement parts I started out with my dealer.  They sucked so I ultimately got a hold of the distributor and they were able to help me out.  So I would say go ahead and talk to the distributor even though this is allegedly not the norm.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• GatoGordo
    Brason said:
    I went to the one off of El Toro. Not sure if that is the same one you did business with.

I think you are referring to BBQ Grill Outlet. I dealt with BBQ Outlet. They are in Orange on Santiago and in Corona on Dupont. You can find them at: http://www.bbqoutlet.net