Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT...Subaru vs Jeep...my hero

Options
Photo Egg
Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
I know road rage and street violence is not a joking matter...but every once in a while it's nice to see someone taken to the wall. 
http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/national/article157452464.html
Around here it's normally the ENTITLED punks on a motorcycle that give cycling a bad name. 

Thank you,
Darian

Galveston Texas

Comments

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,180
    Options
    That video of the bicyclist getting plowed :o
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Don't get me started on the PACKS of cyclists that feel they own the feeder roads...
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,180
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    Don't get me started on the PACKS of cyclists that feel they own the feeder roads...
    It was horrible when I lived in Greensboro. It was like the peloton at the Tour d' France. 50-100 cyclists in each group. 
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    That cyclist looked like he was trying to get out of the way!

Fortunately, I live in a place where I can ride on roads like this. Cars usually pass me at least halfway into the oncoming lane.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Don't get any ideas, Darian ! 

I wonder why the Jeep didn't get off into the grass after getting rammed once or twice.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Have you seen the new one where Chuck Norris kicks the back end of a car out?
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/video-motorcyclists-road-rage-kick-touches-off-2-car-crash/

The people videoing reported that the car went over into the motorcycle guy's lane and almost hit him. They had words while driving on the highway and then the car tried to do it again on purpose. That is what we are seeing in the video.
    The guy in the car was not charged with anything and the cops are looking for the guy on the motorcycle. The guy in the white truck went to the hospital and was treated for minor injuries.
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• Toxarch
    Options
    There was also this guy driving through a protest on his motorcycle. He did not hit anyone but he did turn around to do it a second time.
    http://www.onenewspage.com/video/20170622/8153985/Motorcyclist-Detained-After-Riding-Through-San-Francisco-Heathcare.htm

Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Toxarch said:
    There was also this guy driving through a protest on his motorcycle. He did not hit anyone but he did turn around to do it a second time.
    http://www.onenewspage.com/video/20170622/8153985/Motorcyclist-Detained-After-Riding-Through-San-Francisco-Heathcare.htm

I'm an occasional motorcyclist, and an observer of asphalt universe, that which I can see, and I concur a disproportionate number of motorcyclists are as5holes. 

This fact has nothing to do with being a motorcyclist in a causal sense,  It has everything to do with the faux "I have a shriveled up member, huge beer gut, hate the world, so I'm going to be a non-conformist with about 20 million other a-holes that feel the same way and be a bad ass on a bike".

Oh, and James Dean.
    Options
    That cyclist looked like he was trying to get out of the way!

Fortunately, I live in a place where I can ride on roads like this. Cars usually pass me at least halfway into the oncoming lane.

I tend to ride one those types of roads in SECT also Michael. It is also nice that state law requires drivers to maintain at least 3' of clearance when passing cyclists. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options

Toxarch said:
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/video-motorcyclists-road-rage-kick-touches-off-2-car-crash/

The people videoing reported that the car went over into the motorcycle guy's lane and almost hit him. They had words while driving on the highway and then the car tried to do it again on purpose. That is what we are seeing in the video.
    The guy in the car was not charged with anything and the cops are looking for the guy on the motorcycle. The guy in the white truck went to the hospital and was treated for minor injuries.
    I watched that video the other day and fail to see how the driver of the car wasn't cited. I'm not saying the biker didn't do anything wrong but clearly it seems the driver attempted to run the biker over after he kicked at the car door. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • Toxarch
    Options
    CTMike said:

Toxarch said:

I watched that video the other day and fail to see how the driver of the car wasn't cited. I'm not saying the biker didn't do anything wrong but clearly it seems the driver attempted to run the biker over after he kicked at the car door. 
    I completely agree. It's not like the kick to the car would have caused the wreck. Looks like the car swerved at the motorcycle trying to cause him to wreck. Maybe they are waiting to get a statement from the biker or see if he wants to press charges. 
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.