Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cast Iron Steak and Purple Potatoes

Options
Haven't done this in a while.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

Comments

• Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    Looks great Doc. I'd keep that in the rotation. 
    Snellville, GA

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    The steaks look awesome as does the plated picture. I tried some of the purple taters a while back. I either had a bad batch.....or failed to prepare them properly. Bottom line, they look good... Sorry didn't mean this as a criticism of your choice of tater....but curious what you did to them besides roast them on the egg?
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Options
    northGAcock, just sprayed with pam and seasoned with salt and pepper.  Covered with foil until soft.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    edited June 2017
    Options
    You ate good tonight!!!   

Sorta different subject but still about CI.  I bought a 15 1/4" lodge skillet.  If I remember correctly your wife got one as a gift.  Hope you guys like yours as much as I like mine.   

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    You ate good tonight!!!   

Sorta different subject but still about CI.  I bought a 15 1/4" lodge skillet.  If I remember correctly your wife got one as a gift.  Hope you guys like yours as much as I like mine.   
    I thought about using it tonight just to showboat, but it would not fit with the potato roasters.

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I love it for searing burgers, chops or steaks on the large.  It's got enough room you can move stuff around to find the perfect sear spot.   

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @Doc_Eggerton
    Looks damn good Doc. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    That looks delicious!   The pans the potatoes cooked in are interesting. 
    Flint, Michigan
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    That looks delicious!   The pans the potatoes cooked in are interesting. 

The have holes in the bottom like a veggie basket but are fairly heave cast iron.  Spotted them in the BBQ section of the grocery store.