Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My plans for the day.

Options
gmac
gmac Posts: 1,814
So I'm sitting out on my deck looking at my backyard and having a covfefe and Baileys. Just dropped my oldest off at his job. Washing dishes at a higher end restaurant around here. 
Just checked the forum to get all of the latest news (I get all my news and opinions here, it the only place I can trust). And now I'm planning my day. 

Today I need to move this 15 yrd pile of mulch and out it around my trees and flower beds (and its rained here so much that I probably should take the grass but I'm not gonna. 

Then I have to finish this 20 foot fire pit area my wife wants. 

And plant the garden still. 

Some corn is in but nothing else.

Plus I just got a new bag of lump and I can't decide if I want to do steak or pork chops tonight.

Who wants to bet at the end of the day none of this is done, I'm drunk and we ordered pizza? 
Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.

Comments

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    I like the way you plan. Stay sober enough for the steak though. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • slovelad
    slovelad Posts: 1,742
    Options
    Drunk pizza is a likely end to this story.

but I'm betting you atleast make it to the fire pit, but planting a garden is out of the question... too much concentration required
  • gmac
    Options
    Decided to start the day with the traditional Canadian breakfast

Leftover lamb rogan josh, beef korma, matar paneer and rice with naan. I can't leave this stuff in the fridge if I know it's there. I LOVE Indian. Ordered twice as much as we needed just to have leftovers. 

And for dessert. 

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,332
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Great posts @gmac.  I'm with @SciAggie on pacing to nail the steak.  Everything else gets optioned to tomorrow, especially the wet mulch.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • gmac
    Options
    Making progress. 

• SaintJohnsEgger
    SaintJohnsEgger Posts: 1,826
    Options
    Do nothin until time to fire up the egg. Steak or pork chops; either will be fine.

Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
    MiniMax 04/17
    Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
    Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group

• gmac
    Options
    Forgot that I had this. Gonna be a better day than I expected. Wonder if it's time to try out my new sous vide machine too. 

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,332
    Options
    Great freezer dive outcome right there-go forth and do great things.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    @gmac Nice discovery. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Relax and hire out the work. Pleasent cooking!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • gmac
    Options
    I have enlisted help. Now this is how you garden. 

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Ran and went and got my haircut.  Thought I'd check back in on your progress.  Nice to see work is getting done and there is beer involved.  Carry on!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Looking good, and with a few of those "Pride of Lethbridge" under your belt, the day will fly by, you may not recall the details, but it will fly by regardless. Still one of my favourite beers - just got a set of mugs from a buddy who manages a local pub. 
    Enjoy the steak, chops, pizza or maybe just another Pil, whatever works. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • gmac
    Options
    Making progress. 
  • da87
    da87 Posts: 640
    Options
    @gmac, I like the way you garden!
    Doug
    Wayne, PA
    LBGE, Weber Kettle (gifted to my sister), Weber Gasser

"Two things are infinite:  the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe"   Albert Einstein
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    I moved 6 yards if mulch and 2 yards of crusher run and I am wiped out. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,025
    Options
    I mowed and dethatched the last 5 hours. Literally just sitting on the rider. Lazy man work but I'm ready for a few cold ones 

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • gmac
    edited June 2017
    Options
    So about 1/3 of the pile has been moved and spread around trees and flower beds. 48 San Marzano tomatoes planted. 24 long red cayennes for making hot sauce. 20 cabbage for sauerkraut, 2 rows of green beans for pickled beans for Caesars. 8 Old Style Pilsner drank, 8 heads of romaine, some beet seeds, 12 beefsteak tomato plants, approx 300 corn kernels planted and another 300 to go next weekend. 

Edit. Forgot the impatients 

Egg is lit so on to round 2. 
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Productive bro.  I bet you've moved on from the eight pilsners.   That was a cool looking can.  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • gmac
    Options
    Round 2. 

• gmac
    Options
    Yep. Over done. Forgot that dry aged cooks faster and wasn't paying attention.  
    Still with enough garlic and butter I think I salvaged it or at least made it tolerable. 
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    Looks OK to me, but then I like rib steaks cooked a tad more, have you lost count of the number of bunnies on the Pil cans yet?
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • bigalsworth
    bigalsworth Posts: 685
    Options
    gmac said:
    Making progress. 

Can't go wrong with vitamin P
    Large BGE
    BBQ Guru DigiQ II

Martensville, Saskatchewan Canada
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    Just over $40 for a two four here in Lotus Land, which is why I usually drink craft as it is just under $50 for a two four. Though Ontario was Laker Country... 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,467
    Options
    Let's see, today I, um, cleaned one toilet.
    Except I got distracted and forgot.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• bigalsworth
    Options
    @gmac our government run beer is super expensive as well. That's why I brew my own now, half the price as store bought.  I don't really save money cuz I drink more than twice as much now
    Large BGE
    BBQ Guru DigiQ II

• gmac
    Options
    @gmac our government run beer is super expensive as well. That's why I brew my own now, half the price as store bought.  I don't really save money cuz I drink more than twice as much now
    Problem for me is now finding time to brew. Definitely cheaper unless you get into it crazy like I did a few years ago. Have 3 fifteen gallon stainless tanks, a dedicated freezer with temp control, yeast culture gear, of course kegs etc. I choose to ignore that sunk cost when calculating cost per batch. 
  • bigalsworth
    Options
    gmac said:
    Problem for me is now finding time to brew. Definitely cheaper unless you get into it crazy like I did a few years ago. Have 3 fifteen gallon stainless tanks, a dedicated freezer with temp control, yeast culture gear, of course kegs etc. I choose to ignore that sunk cost when calculating cost per batch. 
    I don't have the setup you have, I use fresh wort kits that a craft brewer in town makes.   All I have to do is pitch the yeast and let it ferment,then keg.  I have been eying the grainfather electric brewer.  When my wife is off mat leave I might go all grain.
    Large BGE
    BBQ Guru DigiQ II

• gmac
    Options
    gmac said:
    I don't have the setup you have, I use fresh wort kits that a craft brewer in town makes.   All I have to do is pitch the yeast and let it ferment,then keg.  I have been eying the grainfather electric brewer.  When my wife is off mat leave I might go all grain.
    Going all grain is the best thing you can do and it doesn't have to be expensive at all. Yes the fancy recirculating systems are nice but I've never used one. I batch sparge in a cooler and make award winning beer (or used to). I can talk you through getting into all grain for less than $100. It can be as easy as you want it to be or as hard. But no reason to blow the bank. 
    Let me know if you want to chat more sometime and I will pm you my #.