Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Breakfast fatty

Options
I have two butts going on the large and thought I could use more pork.  Put a breakfast fatty on the mini max stuffed with cheese egg and shredded potatoes.  It was my first attempt at one and it came out good. Next time I may use a drip pan though as the fat drippings gave a slightly off flavor.

Parker, Colorado

Comments

• slovelad
    slovelad Posts: 1,742
    Options
    Wow that looks incredible. Can you explain your technique, I definetly want to put this one on the list.

thanks!
  • rockymountaineggster
    Options
    slovelad said:
    Wow that looks incredible. Can you explain your technique, I definetly want to put this one on the list.

thanks!
    Sure thing, I rolled out a roll of breakfast sausage in a gallon ziplock to uniform thickness. Cut open the bag and lay down any fillings you choose. I pre scrambled 3 eggs and fried some frozen hash browns.  Threw in a pile of shredded cheese for good measure. Rolled the sausage using the remaining side of the zip lock sushi style.  I did the bacon lattice on a separate cutting board and rolled the bacon around the fatty once done.  I egged for about an hour and a half at 350 finishing at 425 to crisp the bacon. I wish I took pictures with the process but forgot.   I would use a drip pan too, I put one in half way through but it was a touch too late. This method is not my own but taken from several posts from others I've picked up along the way. Overall pretty easy.
    Parker, Colorado
  • slovelad
    slovelad Posts: 1,742
    Options
    Thanks Man! Your is different that some I have seen. It's like a whole breakfast.

i bet you could make some type of honey or syrup glaze and put it on a few minutes before taking it off and it would be out of this world!
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Damn I need to do this soon.  I would make one of these every time I fired up my offset smoker.  Since moving on to Eggs haven't done one since. No idea why.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio