Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What's the set up for the LBGE

Is there a 2 tier rack with a indirect capability and not having to use a 6" grate so the lid will close? I got $200 and looking to add a new toy for my egg. 

Comments

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Call Tom at ceramic grill store and thank me later. The Adjustable Rig is a beautiful thing.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    edited May 2017
    @caliking Gave you the only advice you need. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Tom is a super guy and will answer all your guestions. Take what he says to the bank. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Is there a 2 tier rack with a indirect capability and not having to use a 6" grate so the lid will close? I got $200 and looking to add a new toy for my egg. 
    Yes this is what you need to do enough said..............

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    When you make the call be sure to let him know whether you have a platesetter as they have rigs that get what you are looking for and accommodate the PS.  
    Give their website a look in advance of the call.  Linked here:
    https://ceramicgrillstore.com  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • chuckytheegghead
    chuckytheegghead Posts: 1,201
    Get the A/R as already stated. 
  • clifkincaid
    clifkincaid Posts: 572
    Ok i looked at the RB combo but then it looks like the one for 248 is the best option. The thing i dont like is all the constant shifting around during the videos. And to get at the middle you have to slide out or remove top rack. The swing arm rack looks good...now if they could mix these 2 together somehow =) But then I'm sure i would need the XL.