Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My favorite toys

Options
Toy Man
Toy Man Posts: 416
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My Favorite Toys for the Egg:[p]Lawn Ranger's Grid Lifter - Most used tool.[p]Cotronic's ceramic gaskets - Indestructible.[p]Chubby's Grate Mates for the small egg.[p]MickeyT's Wave exhaust top - I have given away my DFMT and Ceramic tops.[p]Eggor's Lucy intakes and his idea for using SS mixing bowls as a firebox inserts.[p]Sandbagger's extension grid holder for the large egg.[p]
Do they make me a better cook? No - but they sure make egg easier to use.[p]**** - the Toy Man

Comments

• JETCITYFIRE
    Options
    I could not find the MickeyT's products on the web but I'm interested in the exhaust vent. I also could not find where to buy the ceramic gasket? Could you send the links.
  • Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    Options
    Toy Man,
    What size mixing bowl do you use?Do you do any mods on the bowl? I would think that it cause problems with air flow.

• Toy Man
    Options
    For the small I for the small I used a 7.5 quart SS mixing bowl from Bed, Bath and Beyond. It fits like it was designed for the small egg. I drilled the holes and added the bail. I found the rim impossible to drill for the bail eyes - had to grind the holes with a Dremel carbide bit. Used a bail from a small plastic paint bucket I bought at Home Depot[p]For the large I used a SS mixing bowl and drilled holes to match the grate and the firebox openings. I cannot find the size I used.[p]Toy Man
  • BGEBrian
    Options
    Toy Man-

Can you give me what the item number is and what adhesive you used to install the ceramic gasket?

Thanks.
  • Toy Man
    Options
    I 'think' I remember 14 qt. as being the size for the large.[p]Toy Man
  • Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    Options
    Toy Man,
    Thank you for the tip.Will go down to the restaurant supply house and pick one up and try it out.

• JETCITYFIRE,[p]I saw this also mentioned as Temperature Rings in archived posts. However, there was never a link to how to get one. I think it's a collaborated effort between Naked Whiz and MickyT. Might want to email either one to find out what happened to it. I'd like to get info too.