Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My Daughter, Proud Dad

Options
bucky925
bucky925 Posts: 2,029
Our daughter didn't learn to read until 3rd grade. we knew she was gifted (everyone's kid is) but we found the problem and she overcame it.  Last night she was "hooded" as a Master of Divinity.  Sorry my chest is so puffed out I just had to share. 

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Comments

• RedSkip
    RedSkip Posts: 1,400
    Options
    Congratulations, make sure she knows her papa is proud!  
    Large BGE - McDonald, PA
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    ....as you should. Celebrate milestones. It is important to them as well as yourself. Make memories whenever you can. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    High five man, love it!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • chuckytheegghead
    chuckytheegghead Posts: 1,201
    Options
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    Parenting win! I'm only 3 years in but I'm still trying to figure out if spanking my kid for hitting people is the right answer or not. Every parent and kid has their own thing. But the hard work has paid off. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• FatTrout
    FatTrout Posts: 23
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I am thinking, God, never had the slightest doubt about what she would accomplish. Good for you, brother, and hang on, He ain't done yet. Wonderful story. Happy for your family.  Pop those buttons on your chest. 
  • bucky925
    Options
    FatTrout said:
    I am thinking, God, never had the slightest doubt about what she would accomplish. Good for you, brother, and hang on, He ain't done yet. Wonderful story. Happy for your family.  Pop those buttons on your chest. 
    You are right.  The thing I had to come to terms with was when she told me 'you aint gonna be rich when you work for Jesus"

• TN_Sister_State
    TN_Sister_State Posts: 1,130
    Options
    Congrats, I'll be there in 18 years or so with my girl. I'm biased but girls are the best.
    Franklin, Tn
    LBGE - Cast Iron Grate - Flameboss 300 - BGEtisserie

• bucky925
    Options
    Parenting win! I'm only 3 years in but I'm still trying to figure out if spanking my kid for hitting people is the right answer or not. Every parent and kid has their own thing. But the hard work has paid off. 
    We tried the spanking thing.  She didn't care so we had to find another approach.  When we took away her play things it got results.   Every kid is different.  Some a spanking will do, others (sometimes the special ones) a parent has to think outside the box. 

• JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,540
    Options
    Awesome accomplishment..... I know you are a very proud Dad!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • FatTrout
    FatTrout Posts: 23
    Options
    bucky925 said:
    FatTrout said:
    You are right.  The thing I had to come to terms with was when she told me 'you aint gonna be rich when you work for Jesus"

Well, Bucky you can tell her that it all depends on how you define "rich" remember Silver and Gold are not forever! Jesus had no earthly wealth at all and yet  was and is rich beyond anything we can imagine. 
  • epcotisbest
    epcotisbest Posts: 2,171
    Options
    Great accomplishment. You have lots of reason to be proud of her. Thanks for sharing.
  • td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,822
    Options
    Do you  hit your dog? 
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • PoppasGrill
    PoppasGrill Posts: 356
    Options
    Congratulations, she knows love and support in so many ways.
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Congrats! 
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,945
    Options
    Awesome!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    Congrats ...

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    That is great congratulations.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
    Options
    This is the great part of parenting.  I can't wait for my oldest to graduate next year.
    Flint, Michigan