Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

********** SNAKE RIVER FARMS BREACH************

bucky925
bucky925 Posts: 2,029
I understand there is another thread going about this, but for those of you that recived a letter from SRF I would suggest you deactivate which ever credit or debit card you used.

I checked my account this morning before leaving town for our daughters graduation and there was over 2k in fraudulent charges.  The bank is working to get it straightened out, but they were slick.  All the charges arn't scheduled to post until Sunday. I figure the scum didn't think people would check over the weekend.   Someone has a nice collection of prepaid phones, a nice set of bose speakers, super cool kicks and a ton to stuff from Wal-mart. 

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Comments

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Good job staying vigilant.  
    I really hate a thief. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,867
    Well that sucks.  Anyone here get one of the emails?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    My bank actually canceled my cards and reissued prior to my receiving my letter in the mail. As the OP of the other thread.....the letter was the actual confirmation of what happened and identified the merchant. 

Thanks for sharing.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700

Damned Russians!

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• bucky925
    Well that sucks.  Anyone here get one of the emails?
    It wasn't a email, it was in form of a letter. 

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    If you call and tell them, the'll give you a coupon code for 50% off your next entire order.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • byrne092
    byrne092 Posts: 746
    Placed an order this week, no fraud charges luckily :relieved:
    XL, Medium BGE & Blackstone I XAR-Woo2 & Rig-BO Flameboss 500

St. Louis, MO
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    I placed an order during last years BOGO period.  I haven't received an email from them though. 
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• bucky925
    YEMTrey said:
    I placed an order during last years BOGO period.  I haven't received an email from them though. 
    I do not have the letter anymore, but I think it was for orders between Nov-Feb.

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    bucky925 said:
    YEMTrey said:
    I do not have the letter anymore, but I think it was for orders between Nov-Feb.
    I have the letter. I want put it here but would be glad to email or PM a copy to anyone if you PM me. I believe they are obligated to notify anyone who was effected by the breach.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    I did my last order over the phone so I would think I shouldn't have a problem I hope.  I haven't seen any charges I don't know about on my debit card.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    Here's a link to the initial alertment on the forum:
    Anyone else get a letter from Snake River Farms yesterday?  It includes a response from a SRF rep.  FYI-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    edited May 2017
    lousubcap said:
    Here's a link to the initial alertment on the forum:
    Anyone else get a letter from Snake River Farms yesterday?  It includes a response from a SRF rep.  FYI-
    I ordered in December, but have not received am email.

I use Paypal though, so based on SRF response that system was not breached.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    edited May 2017
    @SRFANNELLA  - I definitely appreciate the proactive stance here.  I only hope that those who have been affected are able to resolve the whole thing without any impact.  Hard to believe you guys would be singled out given the target rich environment out there.  Nothing is safe these days.  Thanks for posting here.
    I have no affiliation with SRF or this forum other than to enjoy their products and the forum.

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • OneNole03
    OneNole03 Posts: 93
    I had a fraudulent charge on my card 3 weeks ago and then got the letter from SRF a week later. I was wondering if it was related. 
  • GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,182
    edited May 2017
    I have no knowledge of this particular breach and of the specific dataset compromised, but if it includes your email address and a password that you have reused across other accounts, change the passwords on those other accounts. Password reuse is a huge cause of secondary breaches.

Generally speaking, breaches of credit card information alone, while stressful and anxiety-producing, are not terribly severe, as cardholders are not generally on the hook for fraudulent charges (the exception being when a cardholder fails to notice the fraudulent charge and it also goes undetected by the merchant or payment processor).

Good on you for spotting this @bucky925.
  • pescadorzih
    pescadorzih Posts: 926
    I haven't been affected by the breach, but I am glad to hear SRF  is on top, of this and being a top notch merchant. 
    I look forward to doing business with them in the future.

SE PA
    XL, Lg, Mini max and OKJ offset