Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My first Baby Back Ribs

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My first set of baby backs on the Big Green Egg. This is about 1 hour before I pulled them. I was getting so exited about how they looked that I just had to snap some photos.[p]Food06_007s_medium.jpg[p]Here's a delicious close up.[p]Food06_012s_medium.jpg[p]And finally, the end product. I made these Dizzy Pig style, Dizzy Dust, with a Pecan and Hickory chunk for smoke and spraying with the Apple Juice and Cide Vinegar mixture every half hour for a total of about 5 hours. Crispy, spiced and smokey bark with moist and tender meat. The meat wasn't falling off the bone, but it was extremely close. I prefer a little bite to the meat. They were a big hit. [p]Food06_022s_medium.jpg[p]Out here in California, it's hard to find good BBQ. It's mighty nice to be able to get it right out of my own backyard! :)

Comments

• Hillbilly Willy
    Options
    Those look mighty fine, Rob. You may not have a lot of BBQ on the left coast, but you have the Napa Valley and all it's bounty. Do you California folks mount your eggs on springs in case things get shaky?[p]Bill

• tach18k
    tach18k Posts: 1,607
    Options
    HillbillyWilly, We keep the wheels on it so it may roll around a bit, but you wont find it blowing into the neighbors yard.

• tach18k,[p]That's a good one. I'm not on the most dangerous fault lines. Most earthquakes feel very minor from where I am. If there is a big eathquake, the wheels might actually be better than mounted in a table. But if the earthquake is big enough to knock it off it's wheels, then I think I'll probably be worried about more than my Big Green Egg. ;)[p]In the house, I am very conscious about mounting heavy items on the walls or on shelves. For example, my wife (from Alabama), wanted to put a heavy antique iron and other heavy items on a wall shelf. I had to remind her that if we have an earthquake, that can easily come falling onto our heads! Ouch.[p]Scientists are saying we are due for a big earthquake in the North / East Bay area. It has been a while since the last big one.

• HillbillyWilly,[p]That is quite a blessing. Lots of good and cheap wine. The Japanese love it out here when they visit. Some of them drink wine nonstop while they are here.