Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

And yet another Cooler......

Franklin, Tn
LBGE - Cast Iron Grate - Flameboss 300 - BGEtisserie

Comments

• Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Colorado Company, I'm in.
  • TN_Sister_State
    TN_Sister_State Posts: 1,130
    Franklin, Tn

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    edited May 2017
    I dont believe any cooler will hold ice for two weeks. 

Have you ever noticed how a manufacture words their claim? It's usually something like this; "May hold ice for X amount of days. 
    With that said, if you take a large rotomolded cooler and fill it to the brim with ice, sit in the shade or a cool place, do not open it at all, then it will possibly hold ice for X amount of days. 
    However I get your point. If you open any cooler (no matter the brand) several times a day out in 90+ degree heat, there is no way that the ice will remain for 2 weeks.  
    Their claims on ice retention is usually based on best case scenarios under ideal conditions. So at the end of the day they are not actually lying. They are just intentionally misleading you. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• TideEggHead
    TideEggHead Posts: 1,338
    Interesting, I like the molded in accessory attachment points! The latches also look interesting, wonder how long they will hold up...
    LBGE
    AL
  • TN_Sister_State
    TN_Sister_State Posts: 1,130
    I do like the accessories that can be clipped on. Nice touch for the beach. 
    Franklin, Tn

• Smokin_Trout
    Smokin_Trout Posts: 506
    Colorado Company, I'm in.
    Does that mean it comes with a bag of weed?
  • PirateBill
    PirateBill Posts: 259
    SGH said:
    I dont believe any cooler will hold ice for two weeks. 

Have you ever noticed how a manufacture words their claim? It's usually something like this; "May hold ice for X amount of days. 
    With that said, if you take a large rotomolded cooler and fill it to the brim with ice, sit in the shade or a cool place, do not open it at all, then it will possibly hold ice for X amount of days. 
    However I get your point. If you open any cooler (no matter the brand) several times a day out in 90+ degree heat, there is no way that the ice will remain for 2 weeks.  
    Their claims on ice retention is usually based on best case scenarios under ideal conditions. So at the end of the day they are not actually lying. They are just intentionally misleading you. 

Since I have been visiting the forum the Cooler conversation has been almost constant that being said I feel that we should get together as a community and construct a superior cooler, we could test it for ice melt by placing it in a already freezing environment and clamming no ice melt for a month with an average of 50 openings a day.

People would buy it (probably people on this forum) just think about all the smokeware SS caps and Blue chimineas we could have then!!!!

Fight like a man so you don't die like a dog

- Calico Jack Rackham

1,000 watt Sharp - 1.1 Cu. Ft. Mid-Size Microwave and one sweet steakager (retail 229$) 

Scruffy City a.k.a. Knoxville, TN.

• Interesting, I like the molded in accessory attachment points! The latches also look interesting, wonder how long they will hold up...
    If I was to project anticipated longevity based on my exposure to other Otter products, I would hazard a guess that it wouldn't last long. My "heavy-duty" iPhone case lasted about a year before it fell apart. My iPad case was more like 6 months. I should mention that I am very careful with my things.