Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How to post on someone's wall and how to send a private message.

Options
SGH
SGH Posts: 28,791
There seems to be some confusion about sending someone a private message and posting on their wall. I will try to explain the difference as best that I can. 
If you want to send someone a private message that only you and the recipient can see, click on their username. Example- I clicked on DoubleEgger. When I clicked DoubleEgger, the following screen comes up. Simply hit the message button to the top right of his avatar. This will send a private message that only brother Double and I can view. 

To post to their wall, do the same thing. Click on their username. In this case I clicked on DoubleEgger. The box under his avatar labeled "activity" will post to his wall. 

I hope that this helps those who have been confused on the issue. Just remember that "activity" will post to their wall and "message" will send a private message. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

Comments

• SGH
    Options
    And before anyone PM's me asking about Rons money, yes, he really is filthy rich.  

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Options
    Brother Double, I have always believed that clothing was optional. When I was a younger brute, I spent the majority of my free time nude. I absolutely love nakedness.  

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @DoubleEgger
    I hope that you don't mind that I used your username as an example. I could not use my own as "message" will not appear if you click on your own username.  

Status- Standing by.

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,174
    Options
    No worries my friend. 
  • Wolfie51sb
    Wolfie51sb Posts: 267
    Options
    So if someone disagrees with one of my posts, and I want to contact them to question them and urge them to undo their sin, what's the best way to do it?

Rob

Columbus, Ohio

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    So if someone disagrees with one of my posts, and I want to contact them to question them and urge them to undo their sin, what's the best way to do it?
    Get a LTC. Solves lots of problems in Texas. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• PirateBill
    PirateBill Posts: 259
    Options
    SGH said:
    Brother Double, I have always believed that clothing was optional. When I was a younger brute, I spent the majority of my free time nude. I absolutely love nakedness.  

Fight like a man so you don't die like a dog

- Calico Jack Rackham

1,000 watt Sharp - 1.1 Cu. Ft. Mid-Size Microwave and one sweet steakager (retail 229$) 

Scruffy City a.k.a. Knoxville, TN.

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    SGH said:
    And before anyone PM's me asking about Rons money, yes, he really is filthy rich.  
    Got that, but how is his anus?  Seems like you spend a lot of time there...
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• SGH
    Options
    I usually just remember who it was that disagreed with me and every time they post something I bomb their thread with anus gifs. 

Status- Standing by.

• Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,052
    Options
    I wish there was a "love" button for this thread. Lol 
  • SGH
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:
    I wish there was a "love" button for this thread. Lol 
    To know me is to love me  ;)

Status- Standing by.

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Nice move Scottie!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga