Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Kraft BBQ sauce

Options
Wolfie51sb
Wolfie51sb Posts: 267
In my younger days (and before the BBQ boom of the past 10-20 years), I was on a budget when it came to grocery shopping. Kraft BBQ sauce more often than not was my choice. This week Kroger had it on sale for 79 cents a bottle. I know it's not sexy, but man, it's not a bad sauce right out of the bottle or as a base to be spruced up with your own preferences.

I used a bottle on some 2-2-1 ribs today, and they were great. Was glad I picked up a quartet of bottles.

Rob

Columbus, Ohio

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    a base to be spruced up with your own preferences.

I have been preaching the above for decades. It is an excellent base that you can doctor up with honey, whiskey, butter, hot sauce, sugar, etc, etc. Kind of a make your own sauce without actually having to make your own sauce. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• epcotisbest
    epcotisbest Posts: 2,172
    Options
    Yeah, sometimes use it as a base for other stuff like black pepper, honey, assorted spices and apple cider vinegar. Easy and tasty.
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Add me to the camp. Back in college we dumped gallons of the stuff on chicken leg quarters...a lot. It'll always have a sweet spot for me too. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    It makes some of the best BBQ Chicken one can make straight up. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited May 2017
    Options
    This is in line with my SBRs "sweet spot" @Jeremiah speaks of.

You see a bottle on a picnic table at a campsite...you know you shouldn't....but when peeps aren't looking.....you grab it, apply, and quickly scarf.  =)
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,052
    Options
    KC Masterpiece was my cheap go to.  I still keep some in the pantry for when little kids come to BBQs.  (I sneak some on my own stuff on occasion)
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,174
    Options
    I grew up with Kraft on burnt meat. It'll cover up a lot of sin. 
  • Dave in Florida
    Dave in Florida Posts: 1,157
    Options
    Krafts BBQ sauce and charred chicken quarters...awwwww...the trip down memory lane.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Kraft is simple and good
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • HofstraJet
    HofstraJet Posts: 1,156
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Kraft's spicy honey is my favorite of the supermarket brands but they seemed to stop making it. Can't find it on shelves anymore. 
    Two Large Eggs, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, and a MiniMax in Charlotte, NC - My New Table
    Twitter: @ Bags
    Blog: TheJetsFan.com
  • nolabrew
    nolabrew Posts: 246
    Options
    I am known for my insistence on Kraft original sauce. I make a lot of my own sauces now, but I still enjoy Kraft. 
  • krobertsmsn
    krobertsmsn Posts: 655
    Options
    yes and I like KC Masterpiece as well
    LBGE 4/2012, MBGE 6/2012 & Mini 11/2013
    Rome, GA