Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sloppy track may prove interesting!

RRP
RRP Posts: 25,880
edited May 2017 in Off Topic
Isn't anybody else glued to the TV?
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    RRP said:
    Isn't anybody else glued to the TV?
    Yes sir, I am. Ready to see it!!

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    I kind of hope that a long shot pulls it off. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Thunder Snow foundered right out the gate. 

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Well, that's that.  

Status- Standing by.

• Wolfie51sb
    Wolfie51sb Posts: 267
    Fast And Accurate was neither.

Rob

Columbus, Ohio

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Good reason to drink
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • epcotisbest
    epcotisbest Posts: 2,168
    I was pulling for Patch.
  • RRP
    Super trifecta paid $76k WOWSER! 
  • gonepostal
    gonepostal Posts: 711
    I don't wager a ton but this caught my eye a few weeks ago...My biggest hit ever lol
    Wetumpka, Alabama
    LBGE and MM
  • Wolfie51sb
    Wolfie51sb Posts: 267
    very nice!

Rob

Columbus, Ohio

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,128
    edited May 2017
    Looks to me like somebody won a mini max...
  • RRP
    Looks to me like somebody won a mini max...
    Not me! but years ago when we were young and stupid we would drive to Chicago to Arlington Race Track 3 for 4 times a summer to throw money down the toilet there! LOL

Only 1 time I remember winning on a SURE BET - or CAN'T LOSE bet. It was a "claiming race" with like 20 horses running, but you only needed to bet on 11 of them. I put down $22 for those 11 knowing that I was a WINNER at last! Well, some horse won and my bet paid off $22.60 so I WON 60 cents! BUT I WON!!! LOL

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,174
    For the wide open field that it was I told a few people on Thursday that I thought Always Dreaming was gonna win.  I did put my money where my mouth was.  Unfortunately I had other wagers as well.  Net positive at the close of the day so that's always nice.  I have to replay the race a couple of times to see if there are any clues to a "dark horse" for the Preakness.  
    Better to be lucky than good any day was sure true today.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SGH
    Ron, I haven't hijacked you in a while so here goes. Dixie Potatoes:

These turned out really good. One might be inclined to say that they were "money"  ;)

Status- Standing by.

• RRP
    SGH said:
    Ron, I haven't hijacked you in a while so here goes. Dixie Potatoes:

These turned out really good. One might be inclined to say that they were "money"  ;)
    You are forgiven, Scottie! Now tell me your recipe for those!  
  • SGH
    RRP said:
    Now tell me your recipe for those!  
    Ask and so shall you receive my friend. 
    Start by making a light roux with:
    1 cup of butter and just shy of 1 cup of flour. You know how to make the roux so I will skip the particulars except for this; the roux only needs to be cooked about 2 minutes over medium heat. No more. You are simply trying to remove the "raw" flour taste, nothing more. 
    Once you have your roux, add 1 cup of whole milk and 1&1/2 cups of Heavy cream to the roux. Simmer and stir for about 6 minutes. You want this to thicken up a little. You don't want it thick like pudding, but you don't want it runny either. To this bubbling mixture add in 1 pound of shredded cheese. Stir until melted. You now have a killer cheese sauce. 
    In a baking pan, lay down a layer of potatoes that are sliced about 1/4 thick. Dump half of the roux/cheese sauce over the potatoes. On top of this add a layer of thinly sliced white onions. Over this sprinkle a half pound of shredded cheese. 
    No repeat the process. Lay down another layer of potatoes, followed by the rest of the roux/cheese sauce, followed by another layer of onions. Now here is the kicker. Pour in 1/2 cup of bacon grease and 1 stick of melted butter. After this, add 1 pound of shredded cheese. 
    Now simply wrap with foil (tightly) and bake at 400 degrees for 45 minutes. After 45 minutes unwrap and sprinkle on shredded cheese one more time. Now bake for a additional 15 minutes to melt the last layer of cheese. 
    And that is it my friend. It's the roux/cheese sauce and bacon grease that put it over the top. Your end result should resemble the pics above if all goes well. 
    Note: I salt and pepper the roux as well as the potatoes. Potatos can stand a lot of salt in my opinion. Hope that you enjoy my friend. 

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Ron I should have mentioned above to use Yukon Gold potatos for this if you can. They just turn out better my friend. 

Status- Standing by.