Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Birmingham Eggfest

Options
Anybody heading to the Birmingham Eggfest tomorrow at the Zoo?

2 Large Eggs - Raleigh, NC

Boiler Up!!

Comments

• fishepa
    fishepa Posts: 211
    Options
    I didn't even know about it.
    War Damn Eagle!
  • Kent8621
    Kent8621 Posts: 843
    Options

Yah its $20 and include admission to the zoo.  I'm going to load the kids up and give it a try tomorrow.

Boiler Up!!

• DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I didn't know about it either ... Someone dropped the ball on advertising 

Are these egg fest events where they sell the demo eggs cheaper 
  • GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,677
    Options
    It's never widely publicized and not well attended. I live in the area and have never been. It was at Regions field last year. To me and many who might go, the price is to high to go and setup to cook. 
    $250 individual team
    $750 corporate team
    It is a charity event for a worthy cause.

• Kent8621
    Options
    i was unimpressed this weekend with the event.  good food, very few tents and a lot of the same foods, several variants on pork shoulder. 

Boiler Up!!

• mwatts
    mwatts Posts: 122
    Options

Wish I would have known about this sooner. I'm a couple hours south of B'ham and would have loved to make the trip. Why isn't this publicized more?

Extra Large, Large, DigiQII, Thermapen, Adjustable Rig
  • Kent8621
    Options
    really not sure, it is advertised as the only one in Birmingham and I wish it was bigger.  I talked with one of the event organizers for a few minutes so hopefully next year they will do a better job.

Boiler Up!!

• GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,677
    Options
    I've only seen the signs go up the week before the event. Some radio time or a tv spot would get more people interested in my opinion. I would think some of the local stations might give them a good deal on airtime since it's a worthy charity fund raiser.