Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New BGE Owner

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just got my Egg. This forum has been very helpful. I have already printed many receipes.Thanks for posting all this useful info. I am smoking my first baby back ribs. Hard to figure out how to hold the 250 temp. When they are done on to a Drunken Chicken.

Comments

• R C Waterfront,
    Welcome!! Keep fiddling with it and once you figure it out it won't be a chore anymore. But then again, that's the fun part. Drunken chickens are really good and easy to do! I remember the first time I got mine I used plain lump and just played with it all day to nail different temps. No meat at all. Once I got the confidense built up, it was ON!
    Read the Whiz site and chunk the manual.[p]Large medium or small, maybe XL?

• ronbeaux,
    I have a Large BGE. I think I have temp setteled down. Have been to naked Whiz site...great info. This cooking thing could become.../??????

• R C Waterfront,
    Congrats and good luck. After you get the hang of setting the vents it will be like second nature.[p]Mike

• Car Wash Mike,
    I have the temp dialed in for the ribs, can't wait to taste em.

• R C Waterfront,
    Go ahead and finish the sentence,"an obsession!"
    It won't be long and you'll have a small, just in case your wife wants tuna steaks and you want ribs.

• ronbeaux,
    I hope not! I can't believe how much $ i have in this already! This is not a poor mans sport.

• R C Waterfront,
    Now calm down, there are a lot more expensive things out there, like teenagers for instance. I'll bet I have over $600.00 in change saved up right now, and no it won't go for another egg, Colorado perhaps?[p]Just figure how much you'll save on going out to eat. You won't want a steak or bbq from anywhere but your backyard. If they make it at a restraunt, you can make it. Just hang out here and ask questions here. Of course the members of this forum take no responsibility for the lack of occasional romantic dinner you may be tempted to skip because you would rather cook on the egg and stay home;)

• R C Waterfront,
    You will find that the bottom and top vents are not open much at 250. Daisy problem quarter inch on small opening and bottom one quarter to three eight's inch. [p]Chef Jerry

• Jwirlwind,
    FWIW- I was cooking ribs today at about 250 and on my large, I had the bottom vent no more than 1/8" open and the daisy closed except for tweaking the holes in the "dial".[p]I guess it all depends on your fire and what you got in there......