Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Oysters

lbbf
lbbf Posts: 33

My son is back in town from college and wanted some grilled oysters. Picked up a sack of 50 and went to town. I've never shucked, or grilled an oyster before. After youtubbing how to shuck an oyster and picking up an oyster knife it wasn't hard at all.

Melted some margarine in the microwave. Added garlic, basil, and a touch of white wine. The grill was 450. Spooned a tablespoon of the butter on each and grilled for 3 min. Added parmesan cheese and more basil. Grilled another 3 min. Not a single oyster was left behind.

Comments

• Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    That's awesome nice post!
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • That's the way to do it! NICE!
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,533
    Fantastic brother!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,167
    Congrats on going above and beyond with the request.  He obviously thought you would sort it out and you certainly did.  I'm not the sharpest tack in the box but by my math there are quite a few more out there for consumption??? ;)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • da87
    da87 Posts: 640
    Little better in this world than fresh oysters - raw, grilled,....  great cook!
    Doug
    Wayne, PA
    LBGE, Weber Kettle (gifted to my sister), Weber Gasser

"Two things are infinite:  the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe"   Albert Einstein
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    da87 said:
    Don't forget my favorite....Oyster Stew. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • lbbf
    lbbf Posts: 33
    da87 said:
    Don't forget my favorite....Oyster Stew. 

Oyster stew is hard to beat.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    @lbbf
    As you are already well aware, oysters are one of my all time very favorites. They are truly a gift from the Gods. Oysters, along with shrimp and lobster, automatically earns the SOA. Great job brother :clap:

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SteveG
    SteveG Posts: 3
    OK, heading to the store for oysters!
  • kbr718
    kbr718 Posts: 74
    Yum!
    LBGE Chicago, IL