Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: the hail you say!!! :OT

RRP
RRP Posts: 25,880
edited April 2017 in Off Topic
should have taken a video instead but this hail just peppered like crazy for a good 5 minutes today. It was spectacular how it bounced off the eggs like they were combating it like troopers! Hail stones were a good half inch in diameter.

It piled up quickly!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,867
    I hear smoked hail is pretty tasty Ron.  Give it a shot!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    Hope all of your vehicles were garaged Ron. Time to get that roof inspected too. 
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    That just makes me cringe. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    Hope all of your vehicles were garaged Ron. Time to get that roof inspected too. 
    No - we had just gotten home and our Capitva was still outside. There was no warning - even had just turned off the radio after listening to the weather report!
    I have since wiped the hood down and I see no signs of hail damage so hopefully the roof is ok. The buds on the trees took a real beating though and our decks are littered with broken buds.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Eggaroo
    Eggaroo Posts: 417
    I was egging last April in a hailstorm like that. Insurance bought me a much needed new roof 2 months later!
    Greenwood, IN | XL BGE | Weber Genesis | Blackstone 28 | bunch of accessories  =)
  • Light them up and burn that crap off the deck. 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    We have 3-4 inch hail in west GA with a tornado warning.   Scary. 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    bgebrent said:
    We have 3-4 inch hail in west GA with a tornado warning.   Scary. 
    Ouch!
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Just got in the door at work before I got pelted with this 

• Batten down the hatches!  Things are looking rough in the Midwest and southeast.  Be careful out there.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,943
    Wouldn't it melt?
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Wouldn't it melt?
    Yes, smoking ice will melt it. That's why you put a pan or bowl underneath the ice and let it melt while smoking. Then you freeze that water into ice again and you have smoked ice.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,943
    edited April 2017
    DMW said:
    Wouldn't it melt?
    Yes, smoking ice will melt it. That's why you put a pan or bowl underneath the ice and let it melt while smoking. Then you freeze that water into ice again and you have smoked ice.
    That is why I love this board.  That is genius, I would never have gotten enough smoke if I pulled before it melted.  Gonna try it in my scotch.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    DMW said:
    Wouldn't it melt?
    That is why I love this board.  That is genius, I would never have gotten enough smoke if I pulled before it melted.  Gonna try it in my scotch.
    Careful of you do that.  Depending who you talk to, you may (or may not) boil it all away   :wink:
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    Sea2Ski said:
    DMW said:
    Wouldn't it melt?
    Careful of you do that.  Depending who you talk to, you may (or may not) boil it all away   :wink:
    You can't boil water on an egg, jeez.
  • PirateBill
    PirateBill Posts: 259
    Wouldn't it melt?
    not if you cold smoke it ... duh!

Fight like a man so you don't die like a dog

- Calico Jack Rackham

1,000 watt Sharp - 1.1 Cu. Ft. Mid-Size Microwave and one sweet steakager (retail 229$) 

Scruffy City a.k.a. Knoxville, TN.