Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Singing praise of Dr Chicken! Hallelujah!!!

RRP
RRP Posts: 25,880
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Last night I fixed a 2.5# standing rib roast for just the wife and I. I followed Dr. Chicken's recipe except I used 1.5 c of kosker salt in the crust as well as an egg white. Talk about F A N T A S T I C - Wow!
We both swear that was the best prime rib we've ever had and certainly the best we've ever fixed in 33 years of marriage! Spinter had posted an applauding remark last week about this recipe as well, so Dr Chicken, your followers just got larger.

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• RRP,
    Hey! I like that! In fact I love it! No applause folks, just send money!!! :-)))[p]In all seriousness I'm glad it worked well for you! I was concerned the kosher salt might be too fine, until I noticed my box is fine and they now have the coarse stuff too! I've got another occasional visitor to the forum that will try it this coming week! I'll keep you all posted as to his results! Maybe by then, he'll come up with a handle and post the results himself? You never know![p]Thanks again! I appreciate the words of praise![p]Dr. Chicken

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    RRP,[p]I'm a card carrying member of the Dr Chicken Fan Club. To subscribe to his newsletter, send a blank email with a subject of 'subscribe' to primeribnotjustforbreakfastanymore@drchickenrules.com[p]Seriously, though, I gotta try that salt encrusted technique. I recently saw an interesting technique/recipe dealing with salt encrusted sea food from an Italian food cookbook. Looks like some good stuff! Thanks, Dr Chicken, for posting your recipe/technique.[p]Cornfed