Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - SmoBot 48hrs and 5K left

Ozzie_Isaac
Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
edited April 2017 in Off Topic
48hr bump.  Eric and Curtis need 5k more in "pre-orders" to hit their goal to get the company into distribution.

If you want to help (NOT a charity at ALL, but still a chance to be a part of a company launch by a member here) but don't want to drop $200+, you can pick up a neat SmoBot koozie with the SmoBot logo for $25.

Also, if they don't hit the $48K total everyone gets their money back and Eric&Curtis look into other ways to try and fund the startup.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/smobot/smobot-robotic-grill-and-smoker-controller?utm_source=Forums&utm_medium=forum_posts
A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS

Comments

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,323
    Kickstarter doesn't actually hit your credit card until a project makes its goal so one is really not out any money if a project falls short.

Even if you don't want anything yourself remember these will make fabulous birthday, xmas, anniversary, graduation, employee of the month, etc. gifts for your bbq'ing friends/family/coworkers! :)
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• stompbox
    stompbox Posts: 729
    edited April 2017
     Getting close! B) about 2500 to go which isn't much.
  • ryantt
    ryantt Posts: 2,532
    I hope they make it, it's an awesome product. 
    XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262

Bump.  So who are the forum members behind this?

Phoenix 
  • jdkeithbge
    jdkeithbge Posts: 310
    edited April 2017
    I backed it and hope they make their goal.  Edit: Just added 4 koozies.
    XL BGE, CGS AR & spider, 36" SS Blackstone, SMOBOT - Flower Mound, TX
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    blasting said:

@reinhart36 is the member behind the kickstarter.  This idea started around 6 years ago and grew into a viable product.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    $2,000 is only 8 more Smobots to sell!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,741
    I just watched their most recent video session with Q & A marking 48 hours to go and it makes me even more anxious to see this come to fruition. I can't imagine what they must be going through with all the time and efforts they've invested into producing this.
    Stillwater, MN
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    This is a really neat controller. I really like that it doesn't have fan. Wish I could afford to back it. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • stompbox
    This is going to happen.  Congrats SmoBot, it is a great product and can't wait for everyone to enjoy it.
  • evie1370
    evie1370 Posts: 506
    blasting said:

Me, I am in. I was a Beta Tester, loved the product and signed up.

Medium BGE in Cincinnati OH.

"

"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but, by God, they frighten me. " Duke of Wellington, Battle of Waterloo.
  • SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    $47,243 and counting, time for a really big push!
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • mb1421
    mb1421 Posts: 7
    I just upped my pledge.  About $700 to go.
  • I am waiting to be the last one to push them over their mark. 
    Not sure if everyone seen where you can add $20 for two extra temp probes. 
  • HeavyG
    I am waiting to be the last one to push them over their mark. 
    Not sure if everyone seen where you can add $20 for two extra temp probes. 
    I saw them mention that in an email update yesterday. I added $25 for the extra probes and a koozie last night.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• $47,831 missed being the last one. 
  • NorthPilot06
    NorthPilot06 Posts: 1,179
    $47,831 of $48,000
    DFW - 1 LGBE & Happy to Adopt More...
  • Great idea but I'm curious as to how it'll hold up to the gunk that builds up on it.. and how fragile is it when scrubbing it?
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,741
    It appears it should be easy to clean and I think they've been beating the piss out of the beta units so I'd surprised they haven't accounted for it. Seems like there'd be a lot fewer moving parts and less things to break down than with a blower, but maybe that's wishful thinking on my part.
    Stillwater, MN
  • HeavyG
    Great idea but I'm curious as to how it'll hold up to the gunk that builds up on it.. and how fragile is it when scrubbing it?
    They address that in their FAQ nd this video - 

• ryantt
    Great idea but I'm curious as to how it'll hold up to the gunk that builds up on it.. and how fragile is it when scrubbing it?
    Easy to clean no big deal, have cooked a minimum of 75 times with it. 

• ryantt
    Just looked and they've made it.  

• Thanks for the info, fellas. Do y'all know if they will offer any sort of warranty?
  • stompbox
    A HUGE THANK YOU to everybody here who supported us on this project in so many ways, not only for the duration of the recent KS, but many of you since way back when this was a fledgling concept.

We've met numerous dozens of wonderful and enthusiastic people along the way which, ultimately, is the biggest prize of all.

I'm going to refrain from talking too much about this on the forum here for a while, but you'll all be hearing from us soon by email, etc.  I don't want to take advantage of this venue and the forum goers, who have extended us great courtesy and endless patience over the last few weeks.

Thanks again to all of our avid supporters!  We owe you much..

Kind regards,
    Eric
    Congrats, you guys did tremendous work up to this point and have no inkling that will ever change.  I have said many times, the beta version has been amazingly simple and a joy to use.  Can't wait to see the changes.
  • Congrats! Glad to hear that this will be moving forward 
  • evie1370
    evie1370 Posts: 506
    A HUGE THANK YOU to everybody here who supported us on this project in so many ways, not only for the duration of the recent KS, but many of you since way back when this was a fledgling concept.

We've met numerous dozens of wonderful and enthusiastic people along the way which, ultimately, is the biggest prize of all.

I'm going to refrain from talking too much about this on the forum here for a while, but you'll all be hearing from us soon by email, etc.  I don't want to take advantage of this venue and the forum goers, who have extended us great courtesy and endless patience over the last few weeks.

Thanks again to all of our avid supporters!  We owe you much..

Kind regards,
    Eric
    Great Job, excited to be a part of this. A big thanks to all who participated and helped put them over the top, you will not be sorry! I have enjoyed the Beta Testing and am excited about the new model!

Medium BGE in Cincinnati OH.

"

"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but, by God, they frighten me. " Duke of Wellington, Battle of Waterloo.