Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Time Cooking Lamb Chops

Options
A local butcher had a sale on lamb chops and a friend said he'd ordered me some.  I maybe have eaten lamb chops once in my life and have never cooked lamb.  Anyways, I thought why not.  I used this marinade from amazingribs.com.  In a cook of firsts, I figured I'd try my hand at a reverse sear on these chops.  I used some local cherry wood for the smoke.  I brought the egg up to about 245 (indirect) and cooked the chops until they hit 120.  This took about 20 minutes.  I then removed the conveggtor and cooked direct for about 90 seconds a side.  I removed, rested and devoured.  I may be a bit biased, but I thought they were cooked pretty good for a first time.  Next time I'd want them a little closer to rare.  I don't know why I waited so long to cook lamb chops, but I know they will be a staple now.  They were flavorful and tender.  The marinade added a lot of flavor but did not overpower.  Thanks for looking.
Pittsburgh, PA. LBGE

Comments