Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: down goes UConn

Options
They lost last night in the final four to Mississippi State, in overtime, on a buzzer beater.

UConn had won 111 games in a row, and the last four national titles.

Hats off to the lady Bulldogs for one heck of an upset!
"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike

Comments

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    SEC
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Great upset!  
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Teefus
    Teefus Posts: 1,208
    Options
    I opened this expecting an April Fools joke, then checked ESPN. Glad to see UConn lose. I'm not a Geno fan. I will say he handled the loss with class.
    Michiana, South of the border.
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    I was bummed to see the Lady Huskies lose last night, being a transplanted CT boy. But, hats off to MS State, they played hard and came out on top. I agree, Geno handled the loss with class, and love him or hate him, he has built one hell of a dynasty. 

I am continually amazed that a relatively small state school surrounded by cow pastures can continually attract all the top talent in the country. 

BTW, I am still convinced that Britney Griner was a lousy basketball player as a man, and had a sex change to become a top tier female player. Just my $0.03 (adjusted for inflation).
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    CTMike said:
    I was bummed to see the Lady Huskies lose last night, being a transplanted CT boy. But, hats off to MS State, they played hard and came out on top. I agree, Geno handled the loss with class, and love him or hate him, he has built one hell of a dynasty. 

I am continually amazed that a relatively small state school surrounded by cow pastures can continually attract all the top talent in the country. 

BTW, I am still convinced that Britney Griner was a lousy basketball player as a man, and had a sex change to become a top tier female player. Just my $0.03 (adjusted for inflation).
    Regarding your comments about Britney, I say the same thing about Michelle Obama
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    thetrim said:
    CTMike said:

Regarding your comments about Britney, I say the same thing about Michelle Obama
    I didn't know Michelle Obama played basketball.
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,946
    Options
    thetrim said:
    CTMike said:

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,296
    Options
    And on the last shot both had the last name William.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,338
    Options
    He!l of a continuing run.  Was totally caught off-guard by the upset.  But after putting a 90 game win streak together and then coming back with 111 no worries in Storrs.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Shoulda said UCONN ladies go down. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,946
    Options
    Shoulda said UCONN ladies go down. 
    :bow:
  • CtTOPGUN
    CtTOPGUN Posts: 612
    Options
     I am from CT and a former college basketball player. I can't believe that Geno A. was out-coached on Friday night. He let an upstart team dictate the pace of the game for way to long. UCONN was definately the classier team. If the upped the tempo this advantage would have become obvious. Also with a faster pace the Miss. St. team would have had to defend the outlet rather that crash the boards.

UCONN was not at their best this season and still gave all everything that could be hoped for. Incoming team added to this core will be real hard to beat.

Jim
    LBGE/Weber Kettle/Blackstone 36" Griddle/Turkey Fryer/Induction Burner/Royal Gourmet 24" Griddle/Cuisinart Twin Oaks/Pit Boss Tabletop pellet smoker/Instant Pot

BBQ from the State of Connecticut!

Jim
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    The MSS girls made the lady Gamecocks Nati Championship a lot easier. Would love to have played UCON...The are the gold standard. 

Lady Gamecocks. Congrats on winning it all. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    It has been a great year for the real USC athletics. Congrats Robin.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    UConn will likely return to dominance next year. They are returning their 3 best players and picking up a Duke transfer who is probably the best player in the country.
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA