Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Going to pull an all nighter

Options
Scott S
Scott S Posts: 24
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The 8lb butt is marinating in a mixture of pinapple juice garlic red pepper and a plash of cider vinegar and lemon juice. My objective is to cook the thing for 20 hours. My concern is being able to keep the fire going for that period of time, and still maintain the desired cook temp. Could some of you vets brief me on this. Will I need to re fuel?[p] Thanks for the advice[p] Scott S

Comments

• JJ
    JJ Posts: 951
    Options
    Scott S,
    Fill the EGG to the top of the fire box touching the bottom of the fire ring. Settle your fire down to 250*, drink a few brewski's and have a good nights sleep.

• SloMo
    SloMo Posts: 21
    Options
    Scott S,
    In my large at 200-220* I have no problem doing a 20 hour cook without adding lump. The only times I have had to add lump was with a 36 hour cook and once on an 18 hour cook with low outside temp and a 40 mph wind (I think the wind had the most effect). Adding lump, if needed, is no problem. Open Egg, pull setup, add lump, replace setup, close Egg. Open time 1 min. +/-. No need to adjust vents. Dome temp will re-stabilize.
    If you have a medium or large you should have no problem.
    SloMo