Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Been a while...

Options
SSN686
SSN686 Posts: 3,504
Morning All:

since I fired up an Egg due to too much going on...my mother moved in with us on 3/8, went to Tallahassee on 3/10 for the weekend to see the grandkids (and for me to judge a BBQ contest in Bainbridge, GA), this week every evening was busy so FINALLY tonight able cook something simple...Acorn squash & pork chops...squash went on first with meat side down for about 30 minutes, then flipped & added a mixture of DP Raging River, brown sugar, butter & maple syrup & back on the Egg along with the chops...

the chops (L to R in above pic) have Braswell's Cinnamon Chipotle, DP Mole & plain (mom can't have salt/sugar)...ready to come off about 20 minutes later with internal temp of 145 or so...

Also Mom doesn't eat squash so Kathy boiled some red potatoes for her...a most enjoyable dinner!

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Looking good! BTW with your Mother there now does this mean no more trips up to IL?
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,504
    Options
    Morning Ron:

Kathy's mother still lives in Granite City...we will be back that way in late July for about a week (birthday party for Kathy's mother, plus I'm judging a contest in Effingham...always try to schedule a trip around a contest ;):) )

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Nice cook!
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Options
    Nice meal there.

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,677
    Options
    Now that's new to me, acorn squash on the egg.
    I plan to pick up a couple on the next trip to the stor.
    Looks great.