Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sweet new EDC

Options
I've seen some pretty sweet knives on the forum so I thought I'd share my latest acquisition; a Kershaw Speedsafe, Tanto Tiger striped serrated blade. 

Also, upon the forum's recommendation, pulled the trigger on a sharpener. All my dull kitchen knives are finally going to get sharpened!

A good end of winter project...
Charlotte, NC

XL BGE, WSM, Weber Genesis 2, Weber Kettle

Comments

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    Christmas came early for you! 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,733
    Options
    I need that sharpener!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

Very nice edc.  So that is the famous ken onion sharpener?  I've never seen one - will look into it.

Phoenix 
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    Nice!
    Love my Blur.
    Been doing some food prep with my Buck 110 drop point lately, works awesome as a slicer and dicer.
    Can hardly wait to get a BM Crooked River I ordered from DLT.  Been on a knife kick lately.
    https://youtu.be/EyzjZZcmm2Q
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Sweet.  I gotta get one of those sharpeners.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Sweet.  I gotta get one of those sharpeners.
    How do you like it?
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    Good looking blade. My EDC just got shipped back for repairs, feeling very naked right now. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    loved my smaller leek, til i lost it. nice knife, thats big enough not to fall out of a pocket
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • NC_Egghead
    NC_Egghead Posts: 786
    Options
    Thanks guys! I took some time going over the instructions for the sharpener, then took an old, abused Henckels out of the drawer and practiced on it. The sharpener did an awesome job. I'll practice a little more before I sharpen any of my favorites, but it doesn't take long to get into the groove. We'll see how long the belts last...
    Charlotte, NC

• NC_Egghead
    Options
    @Focker those Benchmade knives are beautiful. That crooked river looks like a beast!
    Charlotte, NC

• NC_Egghead
    Options

WeberWho said:
    Christmas came early for you! 
    Or just a little late, depending on how you look at it.  ;)
    Charlotte, NC

• NC_Egghead
    Options

loved my smaller leek, til i lost it. nice knife, thats big enough not to fall out of a pocket
    I was looking at a leek too but just settled on this one. The tiger stripe sets it apart...
    Charlotte, NC

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options

I was looking at a leek too but just settled on this one. The tiger stripe sets it apart...
    Get the Leek, Skyline too....one can never have too many Kershaw/Shuns. =)
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• NC_Egghead
    Options
    ^^^^^^^ Agree!
    Charlotte, NC

• SaintJohnsEgger
    Options
    I have that knife and its my EDC knife. Had it for about 3 years now and love it. My primary EDC makes a lot of noise and has a longer affective range than the Kershaw does.
    Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
    MiniMax 04/17
    Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
    Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group

• Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    Options
    ^My primary EDC is kinda loud too. I don't always carry the pocket knife. I've got probably 8 or more different pocket knives. They all seem to collect in my truck center console. Have to empty it out every 6 months and take them inside.

Careful which belt you use on that work sharp. It will go through the blade quick.
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• 55drum
    55drum Posts: 162
    Options
    Good looking EDC.....I had a Ken sharpening tool for a while....did ok but was awkward for me to use....got a HF 1" belt sander...works great and much faster....ton of YouTubes's on them....GL
  • NC_Egghead
    Options
    Toxarch said:
    Careful which belt you use on that work sharp. It will go through the blade quick.
    I believe that. Didn't even use the coarsest one on the knife. I think that's meant more for ax grinding and such. 
    Charlotte, NC