Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Weekend Cooks

Options
Its finally Friday and going to be cold in the mountains of eastern Kentucky all weekend. My wife wants to stay home all weekend and fire the egg up Saturday and Sunday. Help a brother out with some good ideas on what to cook. I'm game for anything. I'm thinking steak and shrimp with some SV veggies on Saturday and maybe a brisket on Sunday but I'm all ears for suggestions. 

Comments

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Do your brisket tonight, and with the leftovers, do chili, sammies, nachos or whatever, you want.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • g8golfer
    g8golfer Posts: 1,025
    Options
    Great idea @YukonRon I think I might just do that. What temp you do your brisket at? Going to do my first one this weekend. Not sure if u want to SV it then put on the egg or just go with the egg the whole cook. 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I have never just done a flat, I do a full packer, and I do it at 250F dome temp. My last was around 13 pounds and it was a 16.5 hour cook. I did one this week, and posted it on here, and it may have some information you might find useful. Give it a look or just enter brisket in the search and it will give you plenty of reference points to consider.
    The burnt ends were awesome. I used them for nachos.
    If you need help, you can call me, and I am also sending up a flare for @lousubcap, who mentored me. This man knows everything you need to know, and he can provide a ton of resources for a successful cook.
    Have a great weekend, and feel free to contact me if you think I might be able to help.
    Go Cats.

"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,349
    Options
    @g8golfer -  if I read your post right...you are headed to the hills and your wife (aka SWMBO) wants to fire up and cook on the BGE.  If that is the deal, then I would sort out what she would be comfortable cooking and plan around that.  No issues with a brisket, but if you aren't there and the cook is on her that could result in some issues...you know the scene first-hand.
    If you want to go down the brisket road let me know and I will PM you.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,349
    Options
    @g8golfer PM sent.  Enjoy the ride.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.